Clay is carefully designed to help you be more thoughtful with people.
Almost everyone intuitively understands the importance (and positive impact) of thoughtfulness towards others—in fact, you’ve probably benefited from someone else’s thoughtfulness recently! However, it’s difficult, effort intensive, and time consuming to be conscientious all the time. We wanted a more streamlined and sustainable approach for thoughtfully keeping in touch with our ever-growing network. And after searching and searching for something better, we built it ourselves.
We believe that Clay is the most stunning, powerful, and beautiful way to remember who you’ve met—and what matters to them. We’re grateful that our mission has resonated with a passionate user base and prominent investors like General Catalyst and Forerunner Ventures, and we are eager to carry it forward. We’d be honored to have you join us.
Clay is a beautiful and private home for all the people and relationships in your life.
After you link your accounts (email, calendar, LinkedIn, Twitter, iMessage, and more), Clay automatically builds a collection of everyone you know, creating a beautiful profile for each relationship. Clay populates photos, bios, education and work history, location, and social profiles automatically from available data, and keeps them updated over time.
Clay then helps you deepen your relationships by allowing you to find anyone with powerfully simple search, take notes from your latest conversation, set reminders for specific dates, see when a contact changes their LinkedIn or Twitter bio, be notified when a contact is mentioned in the news, and much more.
Clay is growing quickly, and our iOS app is extremely important to all we do. As an iOS engineer, you’ll use your strong grasp of the iOS ecosystem to continue building an amazing experience for our users on iOS. You’ll pay special attention to the magical touches that make Clay’s experience that much more special—the exact timings and damping on the animations, the shadows on the cards, the haptic feedback on taps.
Clay’s app is one of the most advanced SwiftUI apps in production, and was written in SwiftUI from day 1. We’ve tackled some of the most frustrating bugs, and designed some of the most seamless interactions. If you’re interested in using SwiftUI professionally, this is the place to do it.
That said, we’re generalists at heart and you’ll be directly involved with hard problems across the stack, including our backend and web frontend. We’re not just looking for an engineer—we’re looking for someone with creativity and drive who wants to build something people love. #LI-REMOTE
- 2+ years of professional iOS development experience
- Strong knowledge of Swift or a desire to learn quickly- you can handle UI, networking, and threading for a complex iOS application depended on by a sizable userbase
- Awareness and experience with the most relevant and recent iOS technologies, including SwiftUI
- Strong communication skills- you can explain the decisions you make and the tradeoffs you considered
- Collaborative team player- you enjoy working in a group with others and learning from them
- Firm grasp of complex data structures and algorithms, which empowers you to devise new solutions and confidently navigate and improve existing code
Nice to Haves:
- Experience prototyping or tweaking animations
- Experience building, or passion for, productivity applications
- Experience with open-source projects
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- Deep understanding of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent health and wellness benefits to help you stay at your best: 100% covered medical, dental, vision for you + 50% for spouse/dependents; One Medical membership; Kindbody Fertility (dependents included); Talkspace membership; Teladoc Virtual Health
- 8 week paid parental leave
- Generous paid vacation: Minimum of 20 days of paid time off to use however you like (vacation, national holidays, etc.)
- Education stipend: You’ll have a monthly budget to buy books, courses, and other resources you need to continue learning and developing
- Company sponsored 401k plan
- $500 work from home allowance to use on building out a workspace
- Best in class software/tools: Superhuman, Linear, Notion, etc.
- We’re a small, yet growing, team that moves fast and ships new products continuously, and you have a huge opportunity to shape Clay (ha!) from systems architecture to how we celebrate team wins. Our culture is defined but it’s not definitive, and we’re looking for smart, hardworking and passionate people to be culture adds at Clay. We offer team building activities on Fridays, and (when safe to travel) all-inclusive team offsites.
- You have the opportunity to work with a team of best-in-class engineers who know how to run across their stack and architect beautiful products
- We champion individual ownership, self-starters, and personal growth on and off the job. We’re a tight knit team that celebrates each other’s wins and improves one another through the losses