Posit creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means.
You will own:
- Manage and respond to incoming support requests. Provide an escalation path for employee technology issues. Be a point of contact for Mac, PC and application support.
- Maintain and support core systems such as Google Workspace, Confluence, Jira, Zoom, and Slack.
- Maintain, and support SaaS vendor configurations, end user device controls, system access controls, and patch management according to approved guidelines.
- Take a hands-on approach to technical implementations, be proactive about challenges or constraints, and manage them accordingly. Ensure security is up to standard at all times.
- Perform functional updates and maintenance of all IT-owned systems.
- Onboard and offboard employees-assigned devices. Track hardware lifecycles, manage troubleshooting, and the warranty process.
- Implement approved IT policies and procedures. Maintain documentation of critical functions you perform in the event you are unavailable.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the company’s infrastructure. Create and maintain up-to-date documentation of services and functions.
- Create and implement training for staff on internal systems.
- Procure end user hardware and software according to approved guidelines.
- Perform scheduled audits of the systems under IT control.
- Collaboration with the IT team on ongoing projects and blockers.
You will assist with:
- Implement procedures for safeguarding information security and safety in IT procedures.
- Assist with tracking of all hardware/software assets – licenses, warranties, accounts etc. Identify trending and escalate before capacity issues arise.
- Document existing and changed operational processes. Ensure the documentation for each system and process is complete and maintained. Recommend and implement IT process improvements.
- Assist with implementing security frameworks and responding to audit requests as required.
- You thrive on solving problems through investigation and deductive reasoning, and aren’t afraid to ask for help. You are internally driven by curiosity and continuous learning.
- You invest in strong relationships with your colleagues and employ empathy when working through their technical issues. You have the ability to communicate with people on all levels, and can help make complex issues easier to understand.
- You are self-driven, demonstrate initiative, and maintain a high degree of professional conduct at all times.
- You are highly ethical, possess excellent decision-making capabilities, and execute good time management skills.
- You question assumptions, drive change to mitigate potential risks, and possess excellent documentation skills.
- You have a working knowledge of fundamental LAN/WAN technologies and IP protocols and are proficient with multiple versions of Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Mac OS operating systems.
- You have a working knowledge of authentication protocols and other methods of providing security for passwords and network communication, including Multi-Factor Authentication, and SSO.
- Experience in meeting goals in a fast-paced environment with rapidly evolving needs.
- You have technical working knowledge and experience with multiple SaaS vendors.
Working at Posit:
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at Posit.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- Posit is a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and a Certified B Corporation®, which means our open-source mission is codified into our charter. As a result, our corporate decisions balance the community’s interests, customers, employees, and shareholders. Hear more about why we think this matters here.
We offer competitive compensation with extensive human-first, people-focused benefits to prioritize your personal and financial well-being.
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums are covered for employees and their families! Fertility and gender-affirming healthcare is included in all of our plans.
- Supplemental mental health and wellness benefits are available via Ginger even if you don’t opt in to our insurance plans, including Ginger for teen family members.
- Posit’s gender-neutral paid parental leave policy covers all new parents, including foster and adoptive parents.
- All full-time employees are eligible for 401k enrollment starting on day one.
- After six months of employment, Posit matches 50% of employee contributions up to $10,250 annually.
- An annual profit-sharing bonus for employees recognizes our team’s contributions to company performance across the year.
- We are a 100% distributed team. You are also welcome to come into our Boston office.
- We offer a $400 monthly reimbursement for coworking space rental if you prefer to work away from home.
- Our Lifestyle Savings Account offers an initial deposit of $1800 and then an additional quarterly stipend of $375 to cover the costs of professional development, wellness, financial health, charitable giving, and remote work support.
- We provide a flexible environment with a generous vacation policy that encourages a minimum of four weeks PTO per year plus 13 paid company holidays.
Are you excited about this role but not sure if your experience aligns with every qualification in the job description? That’s okay. We know multiple perspectives are essential for a thriving organization and we’d still love to hear from you!
Posit is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.