Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations – including government agencies and nonprofits – use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people-data in containers called merits (Watch this video to learn more: What is Merit?), and grant them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Florida Division of Emergency Management
The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50 Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
Ohio Department of Education – Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) Program
After the Ohio State Legislature created the $125M 2-year Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) educational savings account program, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) contracted Merit to inform parents, guardians, and businesses about the new opportunity and eligibility requirements. Merit developed and delivered support systems, workflows, and digital assets for the ACE program. ODE issued digital credentials to parents and guardians certifying student eligibility, enabling them to use the grants with service providers listed in the Education Marketplace, and the Ohio ACE app is a single destination to view account balances and submit claims.
Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR)
DPOR partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s salaries are competitive and transparent. Here’s a look at our pay bands based on different roles.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture, products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth, and merits represent truth.
A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
Salary Band: $103,600 – $125,500
As an IT Field Operations Specialist at Merit you will play a critical role in the successful deployment of our products and services in the field. You will work closely with delivery teams to assess the IT requirements of diverse deployments and build the correct plans and resources to ensure our success in the field. You will travel to support deployments in person and will work with other full time employees and contractors to ensure that the IT needs of each deployment are met and maintained.
Merit is a startup environment where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, and get creative about finding solutions to challenges. This is a full-time, 100% remote role.
- Interact with employees and external stakeholders as a Merit subject matter expert to provide IT guidance and solutions
- Diagnose and resolve issues in response to employee or customer reported incidents
- Build, execute, and monitor asset management plans for each deployment ensuring adherence to Merit policy and process within our existing asset management system
- Research, evaluate, and provide feedback on problematic trends and patterns to support customer and employee support requirements
- Assess training needs and design, build, and execute training plans to ensure all Merit staff are informed and able to follow IT process and policy
- Ensure that each deployment adheres to all Merit IT security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices
- Travel to each active deployment to support deployment needs and train necessary staff to maintain IT standards for full length of deployment. In this role you should be prepared to travel 80-90% of the time to diverse deployments ranging from natural disaster response to conferences
Hard Skills and experience
- 2+ years in an IT role with a field component
- A+ and Net+ Certification or equivalent required
- Up-to-date Azure, Google, and OKTA certifications
- Experience with the following: Slack, Jira, Jamf, Azure, Google, and Okta
- Experience with asset management process and software
- Ability to travel quickly and flexibly to Merit product deployments -Flexible hours when deployed often including nights and weekends
- Strong problem solving skills. Able to quickly identify problems, assess accuracy and relevance of information, use sound judgment to generate and evaluate potential resolutions, and to make thoughtful recommendations
- Excellent communication skills. Talent for expressing information to both individuals and groups efficiently and effectively using multiple communication pathways. Able to take into account the audience and nature of the information (technical, sensitive, controversial) and adjust communication accordingly. Strong ability and willingness to practice active listening and to calmly deescalate frustration
- An eye for detail. A drive to approach all work in a thorough and conscientious manner with the goal of fully understanding scope
- Best in class customer service. A welcoming and supportive professional presence for all employees and customers who is able to assess individual needs, provide information or assistance to resolve issues or satisfy expectations, calmly and firmly set issues back on track, and show a strong commitment to providing excellent products and services.
At Merit, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate, support and value it for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We will do our best to accommodate any disabilities or special needs you may have.