We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Are you passionate about education and seeing people succeed? Do you have an uncanny knack for explaining things and making things “click” for people? Can you spot a typo or a missed comma from a mile away? You’re looking for a big challenge, an amazing team, and the opportunity to do meaningful work—and you’ll find all of that at Thinkific!
As our Knowledge Management Specialist, you will have the opportunity to live out our core value Be Fanatical About Customer Success! You’ll primarily be responsible for creating and updating our internal and customer-facing Knowledge Base content with a focus on written technical documentation. Working with the Support Knowledge and Information Manager, you’ll work to manage incoming knowledge requests, prioritize needs, gather product information, as well as use analytics to maintain the accuracy and relevancy of the Knowledge Base.
In this role, you will:
- Create new and update existing Knowledge Base articles (both internal and customer-facing)
- Manage incoming Knowledge Base requests
- Use a combination of customer and internal team feedback as well as analytics to prioritize knowledge needs
- Work with our Product, Design, and Support teams to gather information for knowledge creation
- Beta test new product features and create customer-facing how-to articles
- Communicate knowledge updates to the internal team
- Work with internal experts to develop training initiatives focused on customer success
- Serve as a KCS (Knowledge-Centered Service) advocate by running internal training/coaching sessions and continually developing personal KCS skills
- Collaborate with Knowledge Team on workflow improvements and strategic initiatives
- Participate in Objective and Key Result (OKR) planning with Knowledge Team and own the implementation to achieve the objective result
- Periodically answer customer inquiries to ensure you are aware of customer needs
To be successful in this role, you likely:
- Have 2+ years of experience in an online customer-facing role
- Possess at least 1 year of experience writing customer-facing product documentation
- Love note-taking, editing, and structuring written content
- Find extreme satisfaction in “aha!” moments
- Show a passion for breaking concepts down and teaching others
- Are motivated to create an environment of shared knowledge where every team member is a contributor
- Are tech-savvy and an independent problem solver
- Pay attention to small details and aspire to make things as clear and succinct as possible
- Enjoy troubleshooting and learning the ins and outs of how something works
- Find yourself driven by continuous optimization—you’re always looking for a better way to do things!
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Have beta tested features and created customer-facing documentation from scratch
- Previously edited and structured existing Knowledge Base content to increase accuracy and clarity
- Are experienced in onboarding customers and/or internal team members
- Have experience with KCS (Knowledge-Centered Service) support methodology
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with the Zendesk Guide Help Center platform
- Understand and have used some HTML and CSS
- Are familiar with data analytics and Zendesk Explore
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!