At Primer, we put our customers first. As a Product Manager for the Languages Team, you’ll guide the extension of our core product from one language (English) to many, tailoring the experience for some of the world’s largest enterprises. You’ll be responsible for understanding customer needs through data, conversations, and any other means necessary. You’ll work closely with Engineering, Design, and the business. You’ll face problems that require a mix of technical knowledge, creativity, critical thinking, and business acumen.
Product development at Primer moves rapidly between research, design, engineering, and testing. Product managers keep this process running smoothly, making sure everyone has a shared understanding of the big picture. Product managers manage innovation within the constraints of delivery deadlines and evolving customer needs. They jump between strategic planning, problem-solving facilitation, ideation sessions, deep-dives into scientific literature, and user testing.
- Roadmap: Work with customers, the business, and engineering to set strategy and collect and prioritize requirements.
- Execute: Work with data scientists, machine learning engineers, software engineers, and designers to build products that delight our customers.
- Invent: Think widely about potential applications of machine learning and natural language processing techniques, translating the capabilities of these techniques into business value for customers.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- 2+ years of product management, product design or equivalent consultant noexperience for a technology company (bonus for experience with enterprise software)
- 1+ years working with Data Scientists or Machine Learning engineers (does not have tobe in a product capacity)
- Academic background in Computer Science, Engineering, quantitative discipline OR linguistics and languages
- Strong analytical capability with experience in data modeling and analysis
- Demonstrated success in delivering new products and features
- Ability to make things happen around you, and a desire to contribute and learn. You manage project ambiguity, complexity, and cross-functional interdependencies in an organized and structured way. Be able to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Speakers of Spanish, Russian, or Arabic, or having a background in linguistics
- Familiarity with machine learning modeling workflows and basics of Data Science feature selection and engineering, different machine learning model families, optimization considerations for machine learning models, deployment and serving challenges
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms: gradient boosted trees, zero-shot modeling, deep learning, neural nets
- Familiarity with machine learning platforms and knowledge of big data systems