Who We Are
Babylist is the leading destination for baby commerce, where 8 million people each year discover and purchase items to help welcome a new baby. We serve parents and the community of grandparents, friends and relatives around each baby – connecting everyone who helps plan, prepare and shop for the new arrival. From the “add anything from anywhere” registry for new parents, to the expert advice and product ideas for gift givers, there is no more trusted, go-to solution for growing families.
Our Ways of Working
We’re a remote-first company with team members located across the United States spanning multiple time zones. This means we put in extra effort to make sure we connect and collaborate in ways that make sense for us. We know how valuable the flexibility of remote work is for our employees so people can get the work done in the way that suits them best. After all, many parents call Babylist their professional home, and sometimes, you just have to jump off that Zoom meeting to clean up that banana that’s getting stomped on by your 2 year old.
We know that personal connection is the foundation for the great work we do together. In order to quickly build those relationships, we offer the opportunity to meet with coworkers in person two times a year at a full company offsite and a departmental offsite. These are great opportunities to meet the people you work with every day and to do some of the work that is much more difficult to do virtually. Most of our roles are fully remote, but these opportunities to meet in person will involve limited amounts of travel. For some leaders, there might be more opportunities to get together in person that would require about 10% travel to Oakland, CA or elsewhere.
Our Tech Stack
What the Role Is
The Data Team at Babylist powers data-driven decision making through all aspects of the company’s business. We are a product function with a strong focus on 3 core aspects of data — engineering, analysis, and data science. We are looking for our first Analytics Engineer to correctly model and build our data models & standards. This work and the role is foundational for our team and strategic for our business.
You are a dedicated professional whose interests lie on the cusp of data modeling and reporting. You like getting things done and building them right. You will work cross-functionally with our product managers, analysts, data engineers, and business functions.
As our first Analytics Engineer, you will be joining a growing data team at Babylist and will directly shape the data vision for the company through your work. You will hone your craft as a data professional while working on our state-of-the-art data stack.
Who You Are
- You have 4+ years of hands-on experience delivering clean data sets to end users
- You have impressive experience with dimensional modeling and data modeling in general
- You have strong knowledge & experience in writing SQL
- You have Strong familiarity with tooling such as dbt, snowflake, git
- You love to apply software engineering best practices to analytics code (ieex: version control, testing, CI)
Your Core Competencies Might Include:
- Managing ambiguity
- Optimizing work process
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Provide clean, transformed data ready for business users
- Use dbt to build out a common data layer
- Train business users on how to use data visualization tools
- Work closely with analysts to translate key metrics into reusable models
- Build and own internal documentation & definitions of our data
- Partner with internal groups to design reporting models for their needs
- Data Quality, Monitoring and SLA
- Implement data standards across the organization
Why You Will Love Working At Babylist:
- We are a remote first company and invest in infrastructure you’ll need to be supported and successful: tools, opportunities to connect with colleagues, and a stipend to help you set up your office
- We build products that have a positive impact on millions of people’s lives
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/life balance is a real thing here
- We believe technology and data can solve hard problems
- We believe in exceptional management
- We are committed to providing an actively antiracist organization and doing the work to support differences of all kinds
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We have great benefits like company paid medical, dental, and vision, a generous paid parental leave policy, and 401k with company match
- We care about employee well-being with perks for physical, mental and emotional health, parenting, childcare, and financial planning
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.