Fundrise offers a wonderful in-person environment at our Washington, DC headquarters if that’s what you are looking for as well as a fully-remote option, including company-paid access to WeWork, from any location in the United States.
Our mission at Fundrise is to allow everyone access to a technology driven, diversified portfolio of institutional-quality real estate. Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button.
Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $2.4 billion from investors in all 50 states and has been honored on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies and the Financial Times 2020 and 2021 ranking of the Americas’ fastest growing companies. We’ve also been recognized as Nerdwallet’s Best Real Estate Investment Platform of 2021.
Fundrise was founded on the principle that technology and exceptional engineering talent are fundamentally important to our mission. We are committed to our engineers’ career goals and support both IC and management career tracks with heavy investment in each. As a high growth company, there are countless opportunities for innovation, education, mentorship and leadership. We invest in software and tooling to support optimal engineering productivity. Additionally, engineers are provided the latest Macbook Pros for speedy local development builds and performance.
Our Android app is a flagship product for Fundrise so you will have a chance to have a significant and immediate impact on our growing user base and the overall success of our business. You’ll be working with a team that comes from a diverse array of backgrounds, including real estate development, accounting, finance, software engineering and design.
We leverage a modern Android tech stack. The Fundrise Android application is written in 100% Kotlin, uses Dagger2 for dependency injection, Retrofit for API interaction, Coroutines for asynchronous operations, Espresso for UI testing, integrated CI/CD flows for testing and deployment, Jetpack’s Navigation for navigation, and much more!
Fundrise is looking for a talented engineering and people leader to help drive the development of our Android application as well as lead a team of 3-6 software engineers. As a people leader, you will ensure engineers are supported in their career development through regular coaching and mentoring as well as performance check-ins and reviews. As a leader in our Android product development team, you will be responsible for guiding an effective and engaged engineering team to fulfill our growing product needs. You will be an active advocate of the mobile platform throughout our company by building relationships with teams across design, product, and API to ensure the success of our Android application. Additionally, you will partner with other engineering leaders to plan, execute, and monitor key technical initiatives focused on the overall stability, quality, and usability of our Android application.
- Lead a team of talented software engineers developing the Fundrise Android app
- Attract talent and scale a world-class, diverse engineering organization based on an established network and experience
- Plan and execute quarterly roadmaps. Define the vision, strategy, and execution plan for the Android team
- Participate in major design and architecture decisions during the early stages of application development
- Empower the engineers and leaders of your teams to succeed by identifying how to measure success, and mentor them on how to achieve those goals
- Work with product and design teams to identify opportunities, scope and design solutions, and lead the implementation of those solutions
- Share in the ownership of the app deployment and help drive data-driven decisions around usage analytics and error reporting.
- 6 years of experience building and maintaining a production Android app (Java + Kotlin)
- 2 years of experience leading and managing software development teams
- A firm understanding of Android release considerations
- Understanding of MVI, MVVM, and Clean architecture
- Solid knowledge of data structures and computer science fundamentals
- An appreciation for writing elegant code and best practices
- An interest in learning about the finance and real estate industries
- Knowledge of analytics frameworks (ie. Mixpanel)
- Knowledge of production error reporting (ie. Sentry, Crashlytics)
- Experience with Espresso and unit testing
At Fundrise we are committed to assembling a diverse, inclusive and genuine workforce. We are NOT concerned if you meet every requirement because studies have shown that women, people of color and other underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Cognitive diversity comes in all forms of experiences and if you are excited about this role we are not worried if your background doesn’t fully align with the job description. Please apply; you could be the perfect candidate for this or other positions here at Fundrise!
Benefits at Fundrise
• Great medical, dental, and vision insurance with coverage of 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses, dependent care, and parking
• 401(k) with 3% contributed by Fundrise, regardless of whether you are actively contributing yourself
• Fully covered life insurance and short-term disability
• Significant equity via our employee stock grant program
• Company-paid access to WeWork
• Gympass benefit including mental health resources
• Udemy license for on-demand continuous learning content
• Quarterly Book Initiative to select two books from a curated list related to a different topic each quarter
• Flexible PTO
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid parental leave