Bounteous is looking for an experienced, bilingual Lead Designer to join our growing design practice in Mexico.
The Lead Designer is responsible for leading and contributing to the quality, creativity, and delivery of projects. The ideal candidate must be able to establish design direction for user interface solutions for digital products (responsive web, mobile applications, etc.), enhancements, and execution of digital design systems for a wide variety of clients, primarily in the restaurant and convenience store space. The lead designer ensures work upholds brand identity standards, meets business objectives and user expectations, and integrates usability and accessibility best practices. The ideal candidate is comfortable working both with cross-disciplinary teams, has a positive attitude, is confident contributing thoughts or concerns, and understands the value and impact the work they do has on the rest of the team and company.
Being user and client-focused, able to work well independently, and confidently lead in a team environment is a must!
Role and Responsibilities
- Produce meticulous, beautiful digital products that take into account business and user objectives, brand guidelines, and channel specifications or requirements (websites, mobile applications, email, etc.)
- Collaborates within multi-disciplinary teams to create innovative, best-in-class, user-centric solutions, that are on brand, address user goals and business objectives, and adhere to platform or channel requirements
- Support the development and communication of design guidelines and visual identity system that provide brand consistency and an intuitive experience across digital platforms
- Prototypes complex interactions with high standards of usability in mind
- Work closely with Designers, UX Designers, Front- and Back-End Developers, Content Specialists, Business Analysts, and internal Project Managers to ensure all functionality and design meet client and user expectations
- Leads small project tracks autonomously
- Juggles multiple projects and clients simultaneously
- Contributes to the establishment of experience design standards, deliverables, and methodologies within the organization
- Mentors junior staff to create polished deliverables, improve presentation skills, and guides personal growth in the process
- Stays on top of industry/technology trends and shares freely with others
- Is well-versed with web technology, and usability, and understands web design constraints, including a strong understanding of designing for a CMS.
- Manages time effectively, regularly communicating with XD Director and PM on project status, and proactively voices concerns regarding team or project health.
- Contributes to and/or leads our culture and atmosphere, quality of work, and growth of our next generation of experience designers
- B.S./B.A./B.F.A. in graphic design, digital design, visual communication, or other design-related fields
- 6+ years of experience as a creative professional, with a focus on digital products and design systems.
- In-depth knowledge/proficiency of UX/UI.
- E-commerce experience is a great plus.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
- In-depth knowledge/proficiency with Figma and Adobe Suite
- Impeccable understanding of typography, layout, color, and all other elements of design
- Experience designing around data sets and reusable components/patterns
- Understanding of mobile, responsive design, accessibility, and Agile methodologies
- Ability to lead engagements and provide a strong voice for design within blended teams
- Excellent listener with a passion for human-centered design
- Is proactive and has efficient time-management skills
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.