We’re looking for a Lead Mobile Engineer to join our team at Hypixel Studios, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 25+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
Join us on our mission to bring players together in an inviting, immersive world where they can make their mark. Hytale empowers creative expression across a spectrum of experiences including sandbox adventure, social play, minigames, and creativity using a suite of powerful and accessible tools.
As a Lead Mobile Engineer team, you will help turn our game that runs on Mobile to a game that ships on Mobile. You will be on the ground floor for building out our Mobile-focused team and strategy, including engineering practices, UI/UX concerns, testing capabilities, and release planning.
Who you are:
- Immersed in Mobile Games: You have a deep understanding of what it takes to make a game great on iOS and/or Android, based not only on your engineering skills but also your history of playing Mobile games
- Adaptable: You are comfortable with switching gears between optimization, break/fix, and development and understand the need for rapid re-prioritization.
- Calm under pressure: You exude calm in even the toughest of situations. When things get spicy, you work as a cooler to help the team reach a solution.
- A Force Multiplier: You understand how to design a system that can operate effectively for a whole team. You understand how to empower engineers on your team to learn, grow, and scale.
- Performance Aware: You know and care how your code affects performance, frame rate, and memory usage
Some of your role:
- Program hands-on in the engine to continue to improve our game’s Mobile compatibility, performance, and experience
- Develop studio-wide standards and practices to ensure our game developers (engineers, artists, sound designers, animators, etc) hit our Mobile quality bar
- Collaborate with the Tech Director and the EP to develop the long-term roadmap and staffing strategy for our Mobile development team, then lead that team
- Collaborate with our CI/CD team to develop tools and automated testing to reinforce our Mobile quality standards
- 8+ years of professional programming experience, including 4+ years working in a game engine (commercial or proprietary)
- 4+ years experience developing for Mobile platforms (Android and/or iOS) preferably on games
- 2+ years in a technical leadership role such as a manager, tech lead, team lead, etc
- Strong understanding of Mobile-specific engineering concerns such as release and approval cycles, OS upgrades, UI and control schemes, API integration and Mobile-specific performance concerns
- Experience shipping live Games-as-a-Service (GaaS)
- Experience with Mobile-specific graphics and rendering issues
- Strong familiarity with the block-game genre and/or voxel engines
- Experience with User Generated Content (UGC)
We can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Annual Performance Bonus (APB)
- Quality of Life increases
- Christmas closure
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely