Disruptive Games is a veteran development studio specializing in multiplayer and online experiences. We are an independently owned studio working on a AAA, fully-funded title with original IP!
We’re expanding our fully-remote team with people who share our passion for collaborative, multiplayer gameplay.
Disruptive is looking for a Lead Environment Artist to help build our unannounced, original title. This lead position helps to drive a vision, schedule the team, review work for quality, and carry out supervisory responsibilities.
What You’ll Do
- Create props, architecture, and terrain, based on concept art
- Collaborate with the team to design gameplay spaces and work closely with the Art Director to keep quality and style consistent across all environments
- Work with design teams to prototype and build gameplay-centric exploration levels and help lay out levels from whitebox through final lighting
- Generate environment textures and materials using UE5’s material editor
- Ability and willingness to learn new tools and workflows and to tackle technical issues
- Establish pipelines to help meet art guidelines
- Work with outsource studios to integrate environment art
- Ensure assets are fully optimized for target platforms while minimizing any impact optimization may have on artistic integrity
- Carry out disciplined planning, assigning, and directing of work
- Other duties can include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; appraising the performance of employees, and solving problems or concerns within or between departments
What You’ll Bring
- Experience leading and managing an environmental art team
- Portfolio of work demonstrating strong proficiency as an Environment Artist
- 5+ years of game development experience as a hardworking, self-motivated team player
- Shipped at least one PC or console game
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback and artistic critique
- Experience creating environments using modular systems and organizing them efficiently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and a passion for leading a team of artists to make excellent game environments together
- Experience optimizing environment art for a 30+ frame rate
- An avid gamer with a strong interest in pushing the industry forward, both technically and creatively
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or from a prestigious university
- Expert understanding of Photoshop, Maya, Max, Mudbox, and ZBrush (or equivalent)
- Experience in another game development discipline ie: illustration, level/character art, programming, animation, etc.
- Development experience on Switch, PlayStation, and/or Xbox
- Experience as a team or group lead in another area and/or strong leadership, mentoring abilities, and interpersonal skills