GitHub is looking to hire a Governance, Risk, and Compliance lead for our Finance team. The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Strategic Finance, and play an integral role in fulfilling the risk, audit and compliance requirements of the GitHub’s Finance function. This individual will work cross-functionally with other Governance, Risk, and Compliance professionals within GitHub as well as GitHub Finance, Operations and IT to lay the groundwork for how we ensure accuracy, controls, and visibility into the most critical metrics to understanding and communicating our business performance. This role will have significant interaction with Microsoft’s Internal Audit and Compliance functions as well.
As a GRC professional within the Finance function, you will need to be flexible and willing to wear many different hats. Some of the things you will work on may include, but are not limited to:
- Clearly understand audit requirements for financial metrics and, in anticipation of audits, develop processes and systems to ensure preparation and compliance.
- Identify, document and test internal controls related to GitHub’s technical environment supporting financial processes
- Working with other Governance, Risk, and Compliance professionals at GitHub to perform cross-department compliance and audit activities, providing financial subject matter expertise.
- Interface with Microsoft Internal Audit and other professionals as part of annual and ad-hoc audit/ compliance activities.
- Develop and track compliance and remediation project plans and track successful completion of work, ensuring cross-functional alignment.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years of relevant work experience preferably within the tech industry
- Subject matter expertise in risk and internal controls, with the ability to provide leadership with best practices and consultation on a wide range of compliance, audit and internal control subject areas
- Sound business acumen and exceptional problem solving skills demonstrating the ability to understand key drivers of the business
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to build trust and effectively influence your business partners
- A strong team player and self starter who has the ability to work cross-functionally and deliver in a fast paced and constantly evolving environment
- Audit and compliance-related professional certifications a plus (e.g. CPA, CIA, CISA, CISP)
- Solid understanding of critical compliance and audit requirements that drive tech businesses
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.