Fundrise offers several options for your work environment from any location in the United States: you can work as a fully-remote team member, either from your own home or an option for company-paid access to any WeWork office, from any location in the United States or you can work in-person at our Washington, DC headquarters if you reside in the area.
Fundrise is a financial technology company that is on a mission to build a better financial system for the individual. Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button. We develop software to consume ever more of the value chain of the private investment industry. This pattern is an old story in other industries, but the broader financial system has managed to escape true disruption to date. While today we are focused on how to redefine the process of investing in real estate, we’ve always thought about our mission as bigger than just real estate investment. It’s a way to democratize and reimagine private markets altogether.
Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $3.1 billion from investors in all 50 states and has been honored on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies and the Financial Times 2020 and 2021 ranking of the Americas’ fastest growing companies. We’ve also been recognized as Nerdwallet’s Best Real Estate Investment Platform of 2021.
We’re looking for a Lead Web Engineer who can help guide the technical direction of our web application platform, and lead a team of 3-6 software engineers that is responsible for building and maintaining our flagship investor-facing web application. On the Fundrise web team, we are building and delivering critical product priorities that drive the availability and democratization of investment options for a rapidly scaling investor base. As a lead engineer, you will work with other engineering leads to drive the overall quality and integrity of our engineering practices and play an important role in ensuring a strong and empowering inclusive culture.
- Manage a team of 3-6 engineers, keeping them engaged, motivated and growing
- Managing individual and team performance, including holding weekly one-on-ones, providing coaching and guidance, and conducting regular performance reviews
- Work with product and design teams to identify opportunities, scope and design solutions, and lead the implementation of those solutions
- Work with business stakeholders to identify opportunities, scope and design solutions, and lead the implementation of those solutions
- Take full ownership of the performance testing, third party software configuration, and production monitoring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Prior experience leading cross-team technical efforts
- 1 year of experience directly managing people
- 2 years in front-end web application development (Vue/TypeScript preferred)
- 6 years of web development experience
- Solid understanding of ES6 and TypeScript
- Led or contributed to framework migrations, and have a sound understanding of how to safely and quickly transition technologies
- Experience working with some AWS offerings such as EC2, CDK, CloudFront, S3, SQS, SNS, SES, and Lambda
- Experience working with Vue
- Basic understanding of server side technologies such as Spring
- Demonstrated interest in security, and know how to implement secure code best practices according to OWASP guidelines