Bounteous designs and implements large-scale commerce platforms for our clients and a Lead Magento Architect will have a key role in delivering innovative solutions for major brands, providing business leadership, and continuously improving teams and individuals.
A successful Lead Magento Architect brings the right mix of technical expertise coupled with business acumen to architect deeply technical solutions and coaches and leads development teams to build these solutions. The Lead Magento Architect collaborates with multiple business disciplines and key client stakeholders in order to support key initiatives that are increasingly complex. You will be leading and supporting a team of talented developers to tackle important problems and resolve complex issues for some of the largest eCommerce companies on the Internet. You’ll work alongside Product Owners, Technical Delivery Managers, Business Analyst, Developers, Designers, and Quality Assurance Analysts in a structured Agile environment.
As a Lead Magento Architect, you’ll be able to independently lead highly technical projects from concept to execution. You will help build effective teams by providing leadership and assisting in staffing, training, and management. At a minimum, you’ll:
- Design and implement Magento custom modules ensuring the highest architectural, security, and code quality standards
- Create solutions using Magento 2 Commerce Edition – both on-premise or on the cloud – that integrate with 3rd party APIs, external services, etc.
- Lead technical discovery sessions in order to gather business requirements and understand the scope of work for technical teams
- Dive into client operations and technologies at detailed levels in order to effectively build necessary documentation and communicate to clients and internal stakeholders
- Participate in all scrum ceremonies and lead conversations relating to development efforts
- Help prioritize development activities with engineering teams, assist in determining the best technical implementation methods, and lead product launches across development and production environments
- Help assign the right individuals to tasks based on alignment in skills, interest, and availability
- At least 3 years of experience in Magento 2; 5+ years of experience in Magento 1
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Lead Developer or Architect
- Minimum of 5-7 years PHP, object-oriented programming, MVC applications, and web development experience
- Linux experience and the ability to use shell/CLI
- Strong experience working with frameworks such as Zend, Code Igniter, Symphony, etc.
- Strong experience working with REST, GraphQL and other API driven technologies
- Experience with Angular, React, Vue.JS frameworks, XML or JSON a plus
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, Agile and collaborative environment
- Strong attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Prior agency experience a plus
- Strong communication skills (written & spoken)
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science/related field; or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated ability to balance priorities on simultaneous projects
- Capability to interact with individuals at all client organizational levels
- DevOps experience a plus
Nice to Have’s
- Certifications in Magento 2 a plus
- AWS Cloud certification a plus
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.