We are hiring a Lead Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to work within our Engineering team to help us build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems deployed to Azure and other cloud service providers reporting directly to the VP of Engineering.
WHO YOU ARE
As a Lead Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will be a senior member of a growing team that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems deployed to Azure and other cloud service providers. You will work with latest the latest cloud technologies to grow and manage our service offerings including scaling out our geo-locations offerings all while maintaining high levels of reliability and performance.
Observability is key – you’ll be using a range of tools to monitor client deployed systems for failure mode detection and proactively fixing things on production systems before they go wrong. You’ll have oversight of how systems relate to each other; limit time spent on operational tasks; automate wherever possible; carry out blameless post-mortems and proactively identify potential outages, continually iterating to make improvements to our product, processes, and people.
There’s a fully remote interview and onboarding process and the ability to work from home full-time.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU TO DO
- You’ll monitor our client-deployed system
- You’ll proactively fix things on the production system before they go wrong
- You’ll oversee how the systems relate to each other
- As a senior member of the team, you’ll have a great deal of input into technical discussions/decisions, and strategy and help mentor more junior team members.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- You have 4+ years of experience in SRE, DevOps, and people management
- You have experience with monitoring and tracing tools – e.g. Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, DataDog, Splunk
- You have a good appreciation of IaC (Infrastructure as Code), CI/CD, and modern tooling such as Terraform, Concourse, Jenkins
- You have experience with DevOps environments / Docker / Kubernetes on Azure, AWS, and/or GCP
- You’re familiar with Java, C#, Go, Python, and/or other high-level languages
- You have excellent communication skills; are collaborative and personable, and happy to help take a lead on projects and provide mentoring
- We are a fully remote company! Rather than restrict ourselves to only finding talent in one city, we’d rather find the absolute best people regardless of where they live.
- We value your time and want you to know what to expect from us.
- For this interview, we expect to ask you to participate in 45 mins initial chat with our Senior Technical Talent Partner, in 45-60 mins technical screen chat with one of our engineering team leaders, and in three 45-mins 1:1 with our engineering team members. You will meet with the VP of Engineering in one of the 4 team steps.
- You will get the space to ask any important questions you might have as well as our team will get the chance to get to know you and think about the right fit for you within our team.
WHERE YOU’LL GO
- Hyperproof also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and our people team to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Unlimited PTO: strongly encouraged to unplug and recharge
- 401K which vests immediately, complete with a 4% company match
- 12 weeks of Parental leave and 1 year of free diapers with Honest
- $1000 home office stipend – at the time of hire. Any additional home office needs are requested as needed.
- $100 quarterly paid wellness stipend
- Choose your tech – PC or Mac laptop
- Slack channel notifications turn off after 5 pm based on your time zone
- Annual company in-person events
- Health: coverage for medical, dental, and vision – employee and dependents.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE HYPERPROOF
It’s an exciting time to be at Hyperproof —we recently raised $16.5 million in our Series A financing, validating our teamwork, growing customer base, and our company mission to reinvent compliance operations.
Enter @Hyperproof, a radical new approach to ensure organizations can effectively discover, track, and meet the web of compliance business and government requirements. We are disrupting the governance, risk, and compliance software space with our innovative products. At the core, we are a team with strong experience building cloud software and a passion for a great user experience, simplicity, and positive social impact.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hyperproof is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace — it’s one of our core values! Hyperproof is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Don’t meet every job requirement? That’s okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.