Babylist is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our consumer experience team. This team is responsible for the end-to-end experience on all surfaces; used and loved by millions of parents and gift givers. You’ll work with expert technical leads and software engineers to build out the experience that is the core of our business. You’ll work closely with Product, Design, and other teams to execute key initiatives.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with product owners to design, implement and deploy systems to support and scale our growing e-commerce, content and fulfillment operations.
- Provide thought leadership around process, tooling, systems, and software architecture. We benefit by more knowledge and learning how others solve problems. You would feel excited to bring in new ways of solving problems.
- Improve and help maintain existing systems. Friction in the development process slows us down and has a large opportunity cost. We see value in taking time to create maintainable systems and remove hurdles from the development process.
- Working in a close, supportive team solving real world problems and making decisions.
- Mentoring other team members through design and architecture planning, code reviews, and knowledge sharing sessions.
- Maintaining older systems and replacing them safely.
- Learning and growing as an Engineer.
Who You Are
- 8+ years of experience in software development
- An exceptional problem solver
- Able to deliver elegant, effective software solutions in a timely manner
- A clear, friendly, and open-minded communicator
- Passionate about developing features from concept to deployment
- Successful in an agile work environment and able to break down large pieces of work to deliver value incrementally
Nice to Have
- Experience scaling backend and distributed systems to meet increasing traffic and complexity of operations.
- Experience with testing and continuous integration.
Our Tech Stack
- Native iOS and Android
- Ruby on Rails
Why You Will Love Working At Babylist
- We are a remote first company and invest in infrastructure you’ll need to be supported and successful: tools, opportunities to connect with colleagues, and a stipend to help you set up your office
- We build products that have a positive impact on millions of people’s lives
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/life balance is a real thing here
- We believe technology and data can solve hard problems
- We believe in exceptional management
- We are committed to providing an actively antiracist organization and doing the work to support differences of all kinds
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We have great benefits like company paid medical, dental, and vision, a generous paid parental leave policy, and 401k with company match
- We care about employee wellbeing with perks for physical, mental and emotional health, parenting, childcare, and financial planning
Babylist is the leading destination for baby commerce, where 8 million people each year buy what they need to welcome a new baby. We serve parents and the community of grandparents, friends and relatives around each baby – connecting everyone who helps plan, prepare and shop for the new arrival. From the “add anything from anywhere” registry for new parents, to the expert advice and product ideas for gift givers, there is no more trusted, go-to solution for growing families.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.