The Learning Team is looking for a positive people person to join our team.
Are you energized by using software to solve problems? Are you curious about emerging digital learning technologies? Do you feel motivated by helping people learn and identifying the aha! moments in educational pathways?
This is a great opportunity for a Learning Specialist who is looking to be a part of Moz’s educational commitment to providing learning opportunities for our SEO community.
This role is suited to anyone who has demonstrated an ability to learn and teach software or digital applications. You will be interested in creating content that enables our community to learn how to use our marketing software. This content includes written and recorded material for use in our Academy coursework, the Help Hub, and Knowledge Base. You’ll be energized by the opportunity to learn from our student’s success and feedback and identify areas for improvement.
We work collaboratively across other teams at Moz to share knowledge and align on content topics and themes. This enables us to create coursework and documentation so our community can get the most out of our tools and improve their SEO knowledge at any stage of their journey.
This role will roll up to the Learning & Development Manager in Customer Success.
The Learning Team creates digital learning materials that target a range of learning styles. One day we may be writing a complex API document and the next day we’ll be writing and recording coursework for the Moz Academy. We’re also key contributors to Moz’s Whiteboard Fridays for the Moz Blog.
Marketing strategies and techniques change quickly and we often have to move fast to keep our content fresh and up-to-date.
We are an office optional company and this role can be fully remote from anywhere in Canada, the USA, or Ireland.
What You Will Do
- Deliver on different styles of written and recorded content from technical content to FAQs, troubleshooting guides, and strategic coursework.
- Understand the Moz tools on a deep level to demonstrate how students can achieve success in their business objectives and marketing tasks.
- Review customer feedback and other success metrics to improve our learning program.
- As part of the Learning Team you will work as part of a small team to create written and recorded learning materials. This will include designing, building, and maintaining digital learning assets and resources to drive learning engagement and contribute to student success and our team’s key objectives. You will be creating material for the Moz Academy, Help Hub, Knowledge Base, and Moz Blog
- The Learning Specialist will also identify topics and themes for learning materials. This involves working closely with other CS teams to understand customer confusion, partnering with Marketing to align on themes, and collaborating with Product to improve our feedback loop.
- Student success is important to us and as part of the Learning Team you’ll explore ways to improve student learning and success.
What We Want to See
- You should have demonstrated experience guiding people through software, troubleshooting or problem solving software issues and creating content that addresses these issues. This could come from prior experience as a trainer/learning development specialist but could also come from having worked in customer/tech support.
- You should have demonstrated experience writing and recording learning and guide materials. We’re looking for someone who has a knack for moving from idea to content creation swiftly.
Moz is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz’s platforms are powered by world class-quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made. For both large enterprises looking to gain an edge in the increasingly complex and ever-changing world of search or an agency seeking an SEO platform to accelerate client growth, Moz has a solution. Check it out at www.moz.com.
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in a small but profitable company who are industry leaders.
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things!)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do.
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking.
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful.
Our benefits include:
- A strong commitment to work-life balance. We provide a US$3,000 per calendar year vacation expense reimbursement for all employees as well as monthly home internet access and cell phone stipends.
- Employer match contributions on retirement plans.
- Generous paid time off and flexible work from home policies.
- Personal career development including 10 face to face career coaching sessions a year.
- 100% match on charitable contributions up to $5,000/year.
- Generous paid parental, medical and family leave policies to support you during major life events.