Curriculum Associates (CA) hires people, not positions. If you feel energized by what you read here, but aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! We believe diverse backgrounds lead to innovative thinking, making our products better for the 8 million students we serve. Above all, we’re looking for the right person to grow with us.
The CA Learning & Development team is looking for a mission-driven individual to join our growing team. The Learning & Development Specialist will support our team in its mission to educate employees on diversity, equity, and inclusion, including CA’s antiracist values. The Specialist will develop trainings on anti-racism, and then collaborate with others to facilitate small and large group learning sessions. The Specialist will also support the team to drive internal learning on topics specific to the Professional Development, Sales, and Account Management teams.
The Learning & Development Specialist will report to the Senior Manager, Learning & Development and work closely with the field leadership teams and subject matter experts across a variety of teams, including Product Development, Marketing, Educator Success, and our field-facing teams.
The impact you’ll have…
- Collaborate with company leaders to drive learning on anti-racism across Curriculum Associates
- Design, refine, and lead trainings on anti-racism, including content that is core for all employees, specific to individual teams within Curriculum Associates, and supplemental learning opportunities for those who want to engage more deeply
- Revise, refine, and implement systems that drive the alignment of onboarding, coaching, evaluation, and anti-racism
- Ensure our programs are implemented in ways that are aligned to anti-racism, and train related teams on our products and our messaging
- Oversee design, development, and implementation of online courses for internal training
- Create opportunities for Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) to fully participate in and influence change at Curriculum Associates
- Design and implement performance-based assessments for employees, and provide specific, timely feedback and other remediation efforts to encourage growth
- Oversee analysis of robust data from educator feedback surveys, field observations, online self-study courses, and performance-based assessments to inform learning and development strategy
- As a part of the L&D team, lead or assist in special projects related to field priorities as necessary
What we’re looking for…
- A strong interest in and personal commitment to anti-racism
- Previous experience designing and facilitating adult learning on diversity, equity, and inclusion
- A high degree of comfort engaging in conversations about race, white supremacy, diversity, and inclusion
- A willingness to model vulnerability and humility, while making space for others to be similarly vulnerable with one another
- Hunger to learn more to refine and push your own thinking and/or patterns
- Extensive knowledge of adult learning theory, elements of effective professional development, and best practices in facilitation
- Demonstrated effectiveness managing complex projects and taking initiative to achieve outcomes, with proven organizational and strategic planning skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness working cross-functionally and building relationships with remote teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage through change, including building trust with all stakeholders, listening deeply, and driving towards consensus with respect, compassion, and humility
- Teaching and educational leadership experience preferred
Location: Currently, all employees at Curriculum Associates are working remotely due to Covid-19. Our goal is to hire a candidate who can report out of our Tucson, AZ office once its safe, but we are open to remote candidates for this position as well.
Travel Requirements: Once it is safe to do so, candidates should plan to travel approximately 20% of total time. Required travel includes in-person internal learning events and observations of professional development sessions in schools across the country.
Compensation and benefits: Equitable pay and great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K. Other perks include hotel and flight point accrual during work travel.