We are looking for a Learning Specialist, Talent Development to join our Talent Development team. You will be reporting to the Director, Talent Development. We are welcoming applicants from Canada and USA for this position.
As the Learning Specialist, Talent Development, you will support the development of Talent Development programs that contribute to the onboarding, upskilling, and reskilling of BenchSciers to drive BenchSci’s strategic objectives and hypergrowth. You will create a variety of learning solutions and provide general Learning Academy and Onboarding administrative support.
- With guidance, create content to support the Talent Development strategy to develop BenchSciers and facilitate their onboarding, upskilling, and reskilling.
- Design and develop client-ready learning solutions in E-Learning, F2F, and virtual workshop formats.
- With guidance, ensure learning solutions are aligned with defined business goals and competency gaps based on available data.
- With guidance, integrate and apply the latest Learning best practices to improve the asynchronous learning experience and retention of new concepts.
- With guidance, identify insights from evaluation data to continuously iterate and improve learning solutions.
- Leverage internal Culture relationships with Talent Business Partners to enhance the optimization and implementation of Talent Development programs and initiatives.
- Provide Talent Development support in the form of project management of key company initiatives including tracking of learning metrics for auditing purposes.
- Manage Leadership Academy and Onboarding coordination tasks to ensure new BenchSciers and developing BenchSciers are being supported in their learning.
- Support course development for broader Talent Development initiatives (e.g., performance management, career pathing).
- Provide ad hoc Talent Development program support based on critical needs.
- Bachelor’s in Learning and Development, Adult Education, Human Resources, or related discipline or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 2 or more years of experience supporting and designing learning content.
- Experience creating learning material for a variety of audiences, preference given to candidates with experience in a tech environment.
- Ability to effectively balance administrative tasks with the building of content.
- A natural collaborator with the ability to form effective working relationships with people at all levels of the organization.
Benefits and Perks:
An engaging remote-first culture
A great compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
15 days vacation plus an additional day every year; plus company closures for 15 more days throughout the year
Unlimited flex time for sick days, personal days, religious holidays
Comprehensive health and dental benefits Emphasis on mental health with $2500 CAD* for Psychologist, Social Worker, or Psychotherapist services
A $2000 CAD* Annual Learning & Development budget
A $1000 CAD* home office set-up budget
A $2500 CAD*wellness, lifestyle and productivity spending account for employees
Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
*Benefits are tied to Canadian dollar amounts and would be converted to local currency for those in other countries. Moving to local currency allotments in the future.
BenchSci’s vision is to help scientists bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We empower scientists to run more successful experiments with the world’s most advanced, biomedical artificial intelligence software platform.
Backed by F-Prime, Inovia, Golden Ventures, and Google’s AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for scientists that accelerates research at 16 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We’re a certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
BenchSci relentlessly builds on its strong foundation of culture. We put team members first, knowing that they’re the organization’s beating heart. We invest as much in our people as our products. Our culture fosters transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning.
We value each other’s differences and always look for opportunities to embed equity into the fabric of our work. We foster diversity, autonomy, and personal growth, and provide resources to support motivated self-leaders in continuous improvement.
You will work with high-impact, highly skilled, and intelligent experts motivated to drive impact and fulfill a meaningful mission. We empower you to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and thrive. Here you will be challenged to stretch yourself to achieve the seemingly impossible. Learn more about our culture.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. Learn more about our DEI initiatives.
Accessibility Accommodations: Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please reach out to email@example.com.