GitHub is looking for a legal operations professional to join our innovative, tech savvy legal team. Our GitHub CELA (Corporate, External, and Legal Affairs) team has been growing rapidly to scale with the business, and we’re looking for agile, collaborative, innovative professionals to help drive our high performance culture in an environment deeply focused on diversity, inclusion, and belonging. The right candidate will possess a creative entrepreneurial mind, excitement to learn and grow, with keen attention to detail; a self-starter and strong collaborator who can operate nimbly in a fast paced environment, managing a myriad of legal support projects with skill, poise, and enthusiasm. Tech skills are also an absolute must; like the developers we serve, we use GitHub to collaborate, ship and innovate. Your role will sit within our small but mighty Legal Operations team, providing direct support to our busy Commercial Legal and Product & Regulatory Legal teams. You will help build and manage processes and procedures enabling streamlined contract and terms management through implementation and management of our digital contracting tool and direct support of commercial workflows. You will provide critical support and project management for our product and compliance functions, and our legal support team. You will also have the opportunity to take on new and varied roles as we continue to scale and grow.
Commercial Legal Support / Contract and Terms Management
- Manage contracts and and build workflows using our new digital contracting tool, Ironclad, in support of and in collaboration with the Commercial, Procurement, Deals Desk, Finance and Sales teams.
- Draft and manage playbooks, create templates, and manage versioning and tracking of license terms.
- Own our commercial contracting tools and processes with a keen understanding of the broader legal term ecosystem, as well as a mix of external SaaS and proprietary tools, with an eye towards continual legal service innovation.
- Support Channels, Procurement and Professional Services transactions and manage workflows (both inbound and outbound).
- Own periodic compliance reviews in connection with commercial transactions, such as reps and certs, attestations, vendor forms, etc.
- Help develop actionable contract metrics through periodic, and ad hoc, reporting for use with other departments, and the executive team, in collaboration with Legal Operations Business Intelligence function.
Product and Regulatory Project Manager
- Help build, maintain, and project manage product review workflows.
- Support subpoena compliance function; iterate on existing systems and build new ones to ensure timely and efficient response to legal process in collaboration with our senior attorney.
- Organize and manage Trademark portfolio and assist our senior attorney with prosecution.
- Light litigation support, such as tracking discovery deadlines and responses and litigation preservation holds, as the need arises.
- Assist team members, as needed, on CELA procurement issues.
- Manage legal mail intake.
- Support ongoing work building and maintaining knowledge management systems.
- A minimum of 5 years of strong project management and/or legal operations experience, with at least 1 year working with contracts.
- Commitment to professionalism and personal growth, with a strong sense of collaboration and teamwork as a path to success.
- Flexibility in a face-paced and remote/decentralized work environment.
- Ability to scale and grow with an organization.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and execute on numerous projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, judgment and diplomacy.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Familiarity with Contract Lifecycle Management or digital contracting software, and specifically Ironclad.
- A basic understanding of software coding or comfort with new technology adoption.
- Experience within a software start-up and/or enterprise software company.
- Excellent sense of humor.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.