Who we are…
Pearl Health is restoring the independence and joy of practicing medicine for doctors in the United States. Our healthcare system has burdened our doctors with too much process, while removing them from what they do best: caring for those we love most. We launched Pearl Health because we believe primary care providers, armed with the proper tools and resources, can have an outsized impact in achieving high-quality, affordable healthcare. We foresee a shift to an increasingly value-based future where physicians and provider groups will participate in the value they create for the healthcare system and will increasingly require proper tooling, information systems, capital support, and technology to succeed in these models.
We are a team of physicians (Groups), practice-enablement experts (VillageMD, Steward, Stellar), technologists (athenahealth, TrialSpark, Flatiron Health) and health plan leaders (Oscar, Clover, Centivo) who believe that primary care providers (PCPs) are the key to America’s future health. Today, we support over 100 providers in value-based Medicare models and are on track to substantially increase the Medicare population we will be responsible for managing with our physician partners for 2023 (+$700M of Medicare benchmark risk). Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz and AlleyCorp.
What we hope you can do…
We are seeking a brilliant Machine Learning Lead with a track record of propelling business strategies through analytical insights and algorithmic systems, especially via machine learning. Your work will be a core asset of our company, allowing us to more efficiently provide better care to our members and to create novel financial arrangements for each of our aligned physicians. You should be a strategic and analytical thinker, an effective communicator, an expert in analytical and data infrastructure systems, comfortable working with actuaries on complicated risk analyses, and performing sophisticated modeling exercises independently. We anticipate that AI, ML, and NLP will be central elements of our product, so you should have a deep familiarity with and passion for these technologies.
What a Machine Learning Lead means to us…
- Translate the company’s goals and vision into its strategy and operations by conducting sophisticated quantitative analyses while informing decisions about our infrastructure and approach
- Help us change the future of work for doctors in America by applying state of the art technology solutions, including machine learning, natural language processing, and explicable AI – likely in partnership with key external partners.
- Experience developing and deploying sophisticated algorithmic approaches to prioritizing patient care in a clinical setting (or comparably sophisticated spaces).
- Support all business lines, including sales and business development, by enabling those teams to nimbly make data-driven decisions, balancing competing goals, and making difficult trade-offs when required.
- Partner effectively with our Chief Product Officer and Chief Technology Officer toward best-in-class analytics systems to give our physician partners insight into their patient panels.
- Support the technology needs of various departments by creating a data-literate ecosystem.
Who you are…
- 8+ years of experience in performing results-driven quantitative analysis in a collaborative environment.
- 3+ years of experience in machine learning.
- Degree in statistics, applied math, computer science, engineering or a related field.
- SQL expertise and strong foundation in at least one of the main data science programming languages. Python is our current primary language and is preferred.
- A proven ability to conduct research and empower data-driven aspects of our product through a mix of internal resources and external vendors, especially in AI, ML and NLP domains.
- Experience collaborating with data engineering teams to define needs for an ETL pipeline and familiarity with the most common ETL tools.
- Thoughtful collaborator, able to manage multiple demanding stakeholders, assimilate complex information quickly, and scope work in a way that balances deep insight and fast turnaround.
- Prior experience working with healthcare data in any part of the industry (payor, provider, pharmacy, etc.); familiarity with population health data is preferred but not essential
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people’s lives. Our definition of diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. We believe all of our colleague’s points of view are integral to our success, and that inclusion is everyone’s responsibility and a cause of beautiful things.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and are committed to a fair hiring process free from discrimination and focused around problem solving, improvement, and mutual empowerment.
We are a remote-first company, with concentrations of team members at our NYC headquarters and in the Boston area. While the world is in lockdown, we’re all working remotely, but hope to facilitate more in-person time as the Covid situation improves. We expect a large part of our workforce to remain remote after the pandemic ends.
If a resume is submitted to any Pearl Health employee by a third party without a valid written and signed search agreement, it will become the property of Pearl Health and no fee will be paid, irrespective of whether the candidate is hired.
Compensation and Benefits
The expected base pay range for this position is between $110,000 and $170,000 per year. Base pay is one component of Pearl’s total compensation package, which also includes access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, possible equity options, and much more. Please visit our benefits page for more information: https://pearlhealth.com/our-benefits/