TaskRabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams.
Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
- TaskRabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA!
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Job
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Manager will be a key part of the accounting & finance team that will help build out and scale the accounting team, function, and processes as we continue to grow. You will oversee all areas of accounting including month-end close, process documentation and improvement, internal financial reporting, reporting to the parent company, and operational areas of accounting. You will be in charge of ensuring the timely and accurate processing of daily accounting processes as well as coordinating the month-end close process, review journal entries and account reconciliations, maintain accounting systems, investigate discrepancies and variances, and develop detailed written policies & procedures.
The ideal candidate for this role is a driven, highly motivated self-starter who has experience with multinational organizations and who relishes the opportunity to make a mark in a fast-paced, high-growth organization. A willingness to step into the details as you grow and mentor the accounting team is a must. Strong time management skills, a firm sense of ownership, and comfortability with ambiguity and change are critical for this role. The ideal candidate enjoys finding solutions and improving processes in the areas they oversee. They will also have a strong sense of ownership and business ethics to deliver quality work on a daily basis. This role will have high visibility with the CFO and other key business stakeholders.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Responsible for all accounting processes including month-end close, reviewing monthly reconciliations, formal review of work performed, financial reporting, variance analysis, invoice and expense reporting, etc.
- Build, lead and mentor the growing accounting team.
- Navigate areas of ambiguity and uncertainty and take a hands-on approach to tackling issues in a rapid-growth environment
- Prepare financial statements, schedules and analyses, along with supporting documentation for the year-end audit
- Proactively identify issues and areas for improvement within the close process and implement process improvements
- Own all accounting software and systems used to automate accounting and reporting processes
- Work with counterparts from IKEA on financial reporting and compliance, and contribute to board-level presentations
- Work with external tax professionals and government agencies to ensure tax filings are completed in an accurate and timely manner; assist with quarterly and annual income tax requests
- Prepare technical accounting memorandums as needed as well as continue to improve on and strengthen the internal control environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting or finance
- 5 years of progressive experience; ideally a combination of public accounting (required) and industry experience
- CPA required
- Experience with NetSuite strongly preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and experience reconciling high-volume transactional data
- Strong prioritization skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience implementing ERP systems a plus
- Self-starter who can creatively solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with ability to teach and train others
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong understanding of GAAP and FASB codification and pronouncements that includes complex revenue recognition and internal control framework development
- Passionate and knowledgeable about marketplaces
TaskRabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group – the world’s largest furniture retailer – in 2017
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and 75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love – and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
You’ll love working here because:
- TaskRabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin and London
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 75% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.