HubSpot’s Business Technology (BizTech) team is looking for a manager to lead and grow a new team of Analytics Engineers. As BizTech prepares for the next phase of growth, we need to get better at weaving data into our operating system. We’re not realizing all of the value in our data or using it to the extent we could to manage our operations more effectively. BizTech recently made its first investment in a few Analytics Engineers and we need a manager for this small but important team.
HubSpot has a distributed organizational model for data teams and BizTech represents one of the distributed teams using the platform systems and tooling managed by our central data organization. Because this is a new team, we are looking for a manager who can establish right-sized processes for the team and represent BizTech across HubSpot’s larger analytics community.
In addition, most of the interesting questions we’re trying to answer about our operations require ground-up work. We need to scope the projects, ingest data into our warehouse, model it, and iterate with our business partners. There is so much opportunity in front of us and HubSpot has some much more mature data teams to partner with and learn from, but this role requires someone who is excited to start at the beginning.
Much of our work will revolve around the 3rd party SaaS apps we use to manage the business. A few examples of questions we seek to explore:
- How can we understand the hybrid employee experience via data from systems like Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom, Loom, office badging systems, etc?
- How can we better understand patterns around employee friction via data from ServiceNow?
- How can we prevent employees from running into friction in the first place via automating actions based on data from IT infrastructure systems?
- How can we leverage our data systems to automate manual processes across HubSpot’s G&A functions?
On Day 1, this will be a player/coach role. We’re looking for someone who can be a strong individual contributor roughly one third of the time while focusing the other two thirds on management responsibilities.
Our successful leaders have these things in common: they develop strategic partnerships with their peers across the business; they behave like owners, taking full responsibility for their domain; they coach strong teams and future leaders; and they build diverse and inclusive teams.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Build out scalable data models to analyze new parts of HubSpot’s internal operations, particularly related to the employee experience
- Advise on how to structure data models and reporting; growing a team of capable analytics engineers who are valued by the business
- Look for inefficiencies and opportunities to improve collaboration with key partners across our data infrastructure, including our central Data Engineering team, peer Analytics Engineering teams, etc
- Coordinate with key stakeholders, such as Collaboration and Employee Technology, to ensure that data is accessible and metrics are well-defined
- Define/refine project requirements with business stakeholders and ensure key touchpoints to keep them informed
- Identify critical strategic and operational questions that can be answered through new data insights
- Package and present recommendations to executive and global management through a balance of quantitative analysis and qualitative outside-in perspectives
We’re looking for people who have:
- Expert-level data modeling skills and experience
- Hands-on experience with advanced SQL and cloud data warehouse tools (we use Snowflake and Looker)
- Experience with script-based analytic transformation tools like dbt
- Deep understanding of the full data lifecycle and the state of the art for managing each stage
- The potential to build a great team and grow talent
- A curiosity to understand how part of a business works
- Exceptional ability to build cross-functional business partnerships
- The ability to adapt quickly to the evolving needs of a high-growth SaaS business and create pragmatic and innovative solutions to complex business problems.
- Have the ability to be a self-starter with a high-affinity for identifying and solving problems
- Impeccable communication skills, including around technical topics
- A deep understanding of how to create a team culture that balances urgency with high quality and sustainable work
- Already invested in their own development to become an inclusive leader and team member
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
Per HubSpot’s policy all employees who wish to work @office or @flex or to visit an office in-person must be fully-vaccinated. At this time, @remote employees are not required to be vaccinated.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) – link to HubSpot’s Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.