DonorsChoose engages the public in public schools by giving people a simple, accountable, and personal way to address educational inequity. In this clip, board member Stephen Colbert tells our story.
To date, teachers at 87% of all the public schools in America have posted classroom project requests on our site. Projects range from paper and markers for a poetry writing unit to violins for a school recital. More than 4 million “citizen philanthropists” have supported such projects, channeling books, field trips, technology, and other resources to more than 40 million students nationwide. In all, we’ve generated $1 billion for learning experiences designed by our country’s most dedicated public school teachers.
GOOD Magazine highlighted us as one of 30 Places We Want to Work, while Fast Company named DonorsChoose.org one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World—the first time a charity has made this list. Through its dedicated team and culture, DonorsChoose earned recognition as the #1 “Best Nonprofit to Work For” by the Nonprofit Times.
About the Team
Our partnerships teams will raise more than $60M for public school classrooms through creative, collaborative partnerships with our corporate and foundation partnerships this school year. The Partnership Activation Team focuses on providing an incredible experience to our small and mid-sized corporate and foundation partners, streamlining processes, and hitting a renewal revenue goal each year.
About the Role
As the Manager, Corporate & Foundation Giving, you’ll build and maintain relationships with a portfolio of 100+ corporate and foundation partners that give between $25K and $100K. Similar to a customer success professional, you’ll drive meaningful business and impact outcomes for our partners. You will focus on maintaining efficient systems to manage this large volume of partnerships in a scalable way, and you’ll work closely with our Partnership Activation team to bring partnerships to life.
The primary responsibilities will include:
Community Partnership Management
- Manage ~ 100 corporate and foundation partners that give between $25k-$100k by understanding and executing on our managed giving programs – Project Full Funding, 2X Match Offers, Electronic Gift Codes, and Gift Cards.
- Renew each partner gift by providing an excellent experience for each partnership and help partners stay connected to our organization
- Identify opportunities to meet additional business or impact goals for your partners, and craft customized pitch ideas to engage each partner and inspire them to join our equity focus.
- Write and compile compelling emails, proposals, and reports, and prepare for partner meetings.
Tracking and Measuring
- Create a strategic plan to renew the 100+ partners annually
- Leverage our Salesforce.com CRM system to create and build records for each opportunity, including contact/relationship records and logging of ongoing email and phone communication.
- Manage tasks in Salesforce to ensure we meet all partner expectations for their grant, through on-time delivery of campaigns, reporting, and excellent customer experience.
Best Practice Sharing and Contributing to the Team
- Identify and advocate for benefits to make sure we’re improving how we serve our partners
- Support the development of documentation, tools, and systems to scalably manage the renewal pipeline as it continues to grow.
This position is right for you if:
- You love to delight others, listen to their goals, and build a strong rapport with all personality types. Others can sense your enthusiasm for your work and for the DonorsChoose mission and your passion for equity.
- Your written/verbal skills are clear and concise. You convey empathy, focus, and clarity within phone conversations, email communication, and grant proposals/reports.
- You can juggle multiple projects simultaneously and are excited about building processes that ensure efficiency and centralized management of 100+ partnerships. A robust Google doc, new project planning tools, and Salesforce tasks/reports make you want to jump for joy.
- You are self-motivated with a problem-solving, solution-focused philosophy. You find the “yes” in every situation, you work to provide an incredible experience to anyone you support, and you love finding the best way for all parties to achieve their objectives.
- You love working with a team, you know how to encourage and motivate others, and you’re constantly looking for ways to support others so that everyone is successful.
- You share our core values of relentlessness, user focus, flexibility, ingenuity, teamwork, and transparency, with a dash of humility and fun.
- Nice to have but not required: experience assisting with fundraising, sales, customer success and/or revenue-driving work. You know what it takes to consult with partners on their goals and can inspire a partner to commit funding to an initiative.
Hybrid Workplace and Other Details
In this role, you’ll have the option to work a flexible hybrid schedule in our NYC office, or to work fully remotely from CA, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TX, or WI.
Candidates who are not in the NYC area should expect to travel to our NYC office on as-needed basis, about 4-6 times per year. All work-related travel expenses will be covered by the organization and proper safety precautions will be taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
DonorsChoose is a fully vaccinated workplace and all new employees, regardless of their work location, will be asked to share proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 within two weeks of their hire date or request an exemption from this policy due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation for this role is competitive with equivalent roles at other nonprofits of our size. In addition, we offer full-time staff 25 paid vacation days per year and 11 paid holidays, a rich employer-paid individual and family health plan, a matching 401(k) plan (up to 5% of base salary), annual professional development stipend, and casual and flexible work environment. To learn more about what it is like to work for DonorsChoose, visit our careers page.
Please submit your resume online and answer the application questions. A cover letter is optional and may be addressed to Alisa Catellier, VP of Partnership Activation.
A Final Note
The DonorsChoose team works toward a nation where students in every community have the resources needed for an excellent education. To do this we hire and support a diverse team of the best and the brightest talent available.
We are an organization increasingly representative of the varied races and ethnicities, genders and sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, and abilities that comprise our nation. DonorsChoose focuses on attracting, retaining, and advancing diverse talent because it makes us more effective, high-performing, creative, and resilient.
If you are passionate about our mission, highly skilled in your field, and looking for a place where you can bring all of yourself to work, we want you.