HubSpot is looking for a Manager, Counsel to join the Commercial Legal Team and play a key role as legal partner to our global Procurement organization and as manager of our vendor lifecycle Legal & Compliance team members.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Play a leadership role as legal partner for our evolving global Procurement organization
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams on vendor engagements and related legal support needs
- Manage and professionally develop a team of vendor lifecycle Legal & Compliance team members
- Act as a change agent to improve strategic commercial legal support and cross-functional operating models in line with business goals
- Own the legal-related aspects of our procurement delivery model, which may include establishing and maintaining contract templates, playbooks and collateral used in the process
- Work closely with Legal & Compliance leaders on how to optimize vendor engagement and procurement support of legal-related issues
- Work closely with our risk management and procurement teams on our vendor intake and management processes
- Support other legal-related aspects of vendor engagements, including negotiating and running with front-line deals as needed
- Work with other various business teams on a variety of legal processes, risks and opportunities as needed
We are looking for people who:
- Have a minimum of 5+ years of relevant commercial contract experience in an in-house setting
- Have a minimum of 2+ years of people management experience
- Have experience working in a vendor management or procurement legal team
- Are a graduate of an accredited law school
- Are in good standing and licensed to practice law as a member of a State Bar Association or equivalent professional qualification
- Have experience reviewing and running independent complex commercial contract negotiations
- Have experience working with Contract Lifecycle Management systems and tools
- Are enthusiastic about partnering with business to understand strategic goals and achieve business objectives
- Have an excellent ability to understand business goals, understand legal and risk complexity and find business-oriented solutions
- Are able to make decisions and provide advice/explain the rationale for the decision to a curious and empowered team
- Are able to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced and transparent environment
- Appreciate the client perspective and ‘solve for the customer’ mentality
- Develop strong relationships based on trust with team members
- Possess strong communication skills, especially via an internal wiki, Slack and Zoom (it’s how we communicate)
- Are self-driven and solution-oriented
- Are passionate about the values in the HubSpot Culture Code
Cash compensation range: 171500-274400 USD Annually
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) – link to HubSpot’s Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.