Vidyard is the video platform that’s built for business. Sales reps, marketers, and corporate communicators use Vidyard to record and share videos that grab attention and deliver their message in a personal, impactful way. It’s the video tool of choice for Microsoft, LinkedIn, and thousands of other companies. We’re passionate about elevating our customers, our teammates, our communities, and ourselves.
About the Role
Vidyard is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our engineering team. Reporting to the Director, Engineering, you will be responsible for guiding and supporting a customer-focused team to discover and deliver great solutions. You will work as closely as a cross-functional squad with Product and Design to set future product direction while balancing customer and technical demands. Maintaining excellent relationships and communicating effectively will be crucial to success. Through your coaching and guidance, you will create a supportive and challenging environment for your team to thrive.
About the Team
Our engineering team consists of over 70 developers across multiple product streams. Each team owns a key portion of our experience. We are passionate about creating awesome products and making Vidyard an amazing place to grow and ship.
What You’ll Work On
- Growing and developing an incredible team of hardworking and motivated developers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact.
- Ensuring the delivery of team projects and outcomes to drive forward business goals.
- Developing a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies Vidyard’s values.
- Partnering with other leaders and the team to craft technical and product strategy.
- Collaborating across disciplines and building customer empathy to make an outsized impact.
As an Engineering Manager You Can Expect to:
- Discover new opportunities and deliver them to thousands of customers.
- Define and grow your team’s charter with Vidyard’s business growth.
- Foster strong cross-functional business and technical decisions, with Product Managers and Designers.
- Grow as a leader alongside your peers.
- Influence broad and impactful decisions.
- Share wins and celebrate success throughout the company.
- Take chances, and learn from setbacks, with the support of your leader, peers and team.
What You’ll Bring to this Role and Your New Team:
- 2+ years experience leading a development team in a cross-functional environment.
- Proven track record of delivering great solutions to complex problems while balancing technical and product concerns.
- Have effectively hired, onboarded, and managed a team of developers reporting to you.
- You love mentoring and nurturing developers, helping them be the best they can be.
- Experience fostering a culture of safety, inclusion, and belonging on a team, resulting in high levels of engagement and results.
- You follow through on your commitments, overcome blockers, navigate disagreements and take responsibility for your work and your team’s work.
- Have experience in software development, or in a similar technical role. You are comfortable in technical conversations, and supporting your team as they explore tradeoffs and make technical decisions.
Our Tech Stack
- Managers at Vidyard come from technical backgrounds but may be unfamiliar with the technologies our teams use daily.
- We primarily use Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Vue.js, React, MySQL and AWS. Experience with some of these is a plus, experience with all of them is not necessary.
Job descriptions can be overwhelming. We are all aboard at Vidyard and deeply value the unique experiences, abilities and opinions you possess, so if this role sounds like your next adventure, but you don’t feel entirely qualified, apply! We value candidates who own it, and if you’re relentlessly resourceful too, you might be exactly who we are looking for.
As we also value direct and transparent communication, you can expect to hear from our team even if you are not selected to move forward.
What You’ll Love about Vidyard:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive, flexible benefits on day one*
- Wellness allowance to spend on what’s important to you
- Flexible hours + unlimited vacation + programs to support travel while working, enabling you to live your best life
- Access to Inkblot, a digital mental health platform + $1,500/person/year for mental health coverage*
- Allowance to support your ongoing growth and development
- Parental leave top-up
- Paid volunteer hours
- Employee resource groups to empower and drive change at Vidyard and in our communities
- RRSP match*
- Stock options
- Flexible holiday program
*Benefits described are Canadian specific, if you’re located in another country our Talent team will speak with you about localized benefits for you.
Remote @ Vidyard:
As a video-centric organization, Vidyard has mastered the art of remote work. Whether you are local to our collaboration space in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, or you join us from elsewhere, you will be an integral part of the team.
Vidyard is dedicated to ensuring all Vidyardians have an opportunity to:
- Level up their home office/workspace.
- Socialize purposefully within teams as well as across the organization.
- Enjoy a flexible work schedule. We know your time is valuable, so own your work in a way that best suits your lifestyle.
We believe working remotely shouldn’t cause any barriers, so from onboarding to day-to-day operations, your colleagues and leaders are only as far as a *virtual* tap on the shoulder away.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Vidyard. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Unsolicited resumes from Agencies will not be accepted.
Vidyard is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify us at email@example.com.