HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
At HashiCorp, we build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Packer, and Vagrant. We have used the Tao of HashiCorp as our guiding principles for product development and operate according to a strong set of company principles for how we interact with each other. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise-level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is a remote first team. While prior experience working remotely isn’t required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
Cloud Services is an exciting team delivering HashiCorp products as fully-managed Cloud services. We work across the company, and with multiple cloud partners, to make using HashiCorp products simple for our customers. We’re a rapidly growing team, making a huge impact.
This is an engineering management role focused on managing an engineering team and participating in overall product delivery. This role is uniquely technical given the deeply infrastructure-related nature of the product. Given this unique situation, it is expected that applicants would be comfortable playing a mix of roles, including management and coaching, assisting with product management, and technical contribution and guidance.
The leader of the Cloud Provider Services team will develop standard patterns and processes that help accelerate internal development teams adoption and utilization of third party SaaS providers. The leader will need to develop a customer centric focus and advocate for stakeholders needs, negotiating contracts, ensuring performance and availability expectations are met, and act as a technical liaison between stakeholders and SaaS providers.
In this role, you can expect to…
- Develop and drive adoption of scalable, self service, code-driven processes that enable HashiCorp business units to quickly and safely use third party SaaS providers
- Partner with engineering teams across HashiCorp including product managers, designers, engineers, and business leads to define your team’s roadmap
- Hire and grow a diverse team in a fast-scaling organization
- Support the career growth for individuals on your team
- Cultivate excellence in the reliability, scalability, security, and craft of the software your team builds
- Contribute to company-wide initiatives led by our engineering management, recruitment, and people teams
You may be a good fit if…
- You have built or integrated with Billing Systems
- You understand the unique challenges of integrating across financial business systems
- You have a vision for the types of data that such a system could collect, and how to expose it to internal stakeholders as well as external customers
- You have experience with cloud IaaS providers and implementation best practices with AWS, Azure, or GCP is a bonus
- You have experience managing third party SaaS providers on behalf of internal software development teams
- Passionate about Infrastructure as Code, automation, and developing solutions that help developers move quickly and safely
- You’ve managed or supported software engineers on small or large teams
- You’ve worked with SaaS or another type of managed software offering
- You’ve worked to operationalize complex software at scale
- You’ve led teams in customer-centric and agile organizations
About the Application Process
As a fully remote team distributed across multiple timezones, communication is a critical aspect of our work as well as being vital to this role, and a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. We invite you to tell us about yourself, what interests you about this role and working at HashiCorp, as a chance to help us learn what motivates and inspires you.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.