HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
At HashiCorp, we have used the Tao of HashiCorp as our guiding principles for product development and operate according to a strong set of company principles for how we interact with each other. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn’t required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
Boundary secures access to infrastructure across any cloud and environments. As a newcomer to the HashiCorp product suite, Boundary is a fast paced startup-within-a-startup, offering a wide range of opportunities for career and technical growth.
About the Role
This is an engineering management role on the Boundary engineering team.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Coach and support team members
- Tackle the challenges of scaling a team while ensuring minimal escaped defects in our release practices
- Collaborate with product, engineering, marketing, and other stakeholders to align on roadmap objectives and execute on a shared timeline
- Engage with our open source community to drive constant improvements in the Boundary product
- Foster a culture of learning through operational process improvements and regular development ceremonies with your team
- Hire and grow a diverse team in a fast-scaling organization
- Contribute to company-wide initiatives led by our engineering management, recruitment, and people teams
You may be a good fit if:
- Managed or supported engineers in a lead role on small or large distributed team
- You have delivered similar products (as an individual contributor or manager) through a phase of significant growth.
- You’ve contributed to or developed security products for cloud infrastructure
- You are passionate about balancing effective delivery with scaling a team responsibly
In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include too.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.