This is a technical engineering management role focused on our Terraform product line, managing the Terraform Kubernetes engineering team, within the Terraform Ecosystem group.
The Terraform Ecosystem group is responsible for maintaining and growing the number of integrations available to Terraform users as well as making sure the development and onboarding experience is phenomenal.
The Terraform Kubernetes team is focused on creating the best integration experience between Kubernetes and Terraform. This includes maintaining the kubernetes provider, helm provider, kubernetes operator and incubating new provider projects in the kubernetes ecosystem. The Kubernetes provider is one of our fastest growing providers – this role offers the opportunity to shape a critical part of the Terraform ecosystem.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Collaborate with product management to drive the development of Kubernetes ecosystem integrations using your technical expertise to guide the conversation
- Support the career growth for individuals on a team expanding and maintaining the Kubernetes integrations for a fast-growing user base
- Communicate effectively and partner with several engineering teams across the Terraform organization to achieve ecosystem objectives while assisting the team with effective prioritization of work
- Contribute to our growing engineering management team and culture
- Ensure the on-time release of well-tested and reliable software
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- Minimum of four years of experience directly managing software engineers
- Deep knowledge and experience with Kubernetes and it’s ecosystem
- An interest in building a support structure for engineers to help them succeed
- Good communication skills for working across the organization, capable of building strong relationships with peers and leadership
- Knowledge of infrastructure related technologies, and experience with Terraform
- Experience managing a diverse, distributed team
- A passion for open source software and community building
We recommend you use your cover letter to relate your experience with Kubernetes and your interest in working at HashiCorp.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.
- Pay Transparency Calculator: https://bit.ly/3B7gwql
- Benefits: https://www.hashicorp.com/careers/benefits
- Intern Ranges: https://bit.ly/3H2soha