HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role
This is an engineering management role focused on our Terraform product line, managing an engineering team and participating in overall product delivery. Terraform-CDK is an open source project for defining infrastructure as code using familiar programming languages – currently TypeScript, Python, C#, Go, and Java. The Terraform VSCode extension and Terraform Language Server seek to provide an easy, idiomatic way to write Terraform configurations. This role will provide opportunity for ownership, growth, and culture of the teams working on the Terraform CDK as well as VSCode support.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Support the career growth for individuals on a team building and delivering Terraform CDK and VSCode to a fast-growing community of practitioners and customers
- Work with some of the largest infrastructure providers to support strategic relationships with HashiCorp
- Partner with engineers, Product Management and customers on vision and roadmap
- Contribute to our growing engineering management team and culture
- Hire within the US, UK, Canada, and more to grow your distributed team
- Ensure the on-time release of well-tested and reliable software
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- An interest in building a support structure for engineers to help them succeed at their job
- Phenomenal communication skills for working across the organization, capable of building strong relationships with peers and leadership
- Experience managing distributed engineering teams
- Expertise with major cloud providers
All work requires excellent written communication skills, remote work doubly so. For this reason, we encourage a cover letter for your application to be considered complete. In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experiences that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.