At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by communicating solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is almost entirely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn’t required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
About the role…
Terraform Enterprise presents outstanding and exciting technical challenges. The Terraform Enterprise team is the team dedicated to taking the software running in our SaaS offering and delivering it into our Enterprise customer’s infrastructure. Focusing on providing an appealing customer experience around installing, administering and maintaining Terraform Enterprise. This means that the responsibilities of the team span a wide range of technical competencies from Software Engineering to Systems Engineering to Infrastructure Engineering and everything in-between. You aren’t expected to be an authority in each discipline, but you will get exposure/experience in each.
The team is rapidly expanding. As an Engineering Manager on the Terraform Enterprise team, you will have a large impact on the growth and shape of the organization and the prioritization of the features that we deliver in the coming months, quarters and years. Come join us and help shape the future of Terraform Enterprise!
In this role you can expect to…
- Work within our Manager Charter to lead a team of outstanding engineers.
- Work closely with collaborators across the company to define delivery roadmaps that consist of engineering needs, product feature requests and field requests.
- Work with the engineering team to build and deliver features on a predictable schedule.
- Hold regular one-on-ones with a team of engineers and help to shape their individual career growth.
- Work with Engineering leadership in the Infrastructure product line to shape and grow the Terraform Enterprise organization.
You may be a good fit for this role if…
- You are an empathetic and inclusive leader that thrives on working with amazing people on complex problems.
- You are a strong verbal and textual communicator that is comfortable working with a remote team around the globe.
- Our principles align with the type of environment you want to work in.
- You have a background leading engineering teams in the Software Development, DevOPS and/or Infrastructure Engineering teams.
- You are familiar with Terraform, Docker, Golang and microservice architectures. Cursory knowledge with Terraform Cloud and Terraform Enterprise is a plus.
- You work proactively and autonomously.
About the Application Process:
Please note, as collaboration and communication are a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate.
In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular. Specifics of your past experience that are relevant are great to include, too.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.