HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is almost entirely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn’t required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
This is an engineering management role focused on our Terraform product line, managing the Terraform Registry engineering team, within the Terraform Ecosystem group.
The Terraform Ecosystem group is responsible for maintaining and growing the number of integrations available to Terraform users as well as making sure the development and onboarding experience is phenomenal.The Terraform Registry is an integral part of using Terraform and the primary place of discovery for reusable patterns and integrations.
This role is uniquely collaborative since the Terraform Registry is critical to the operation of Terraform. Given this unique situation, it is expected that applicants would be comfortable managing expectations of stakeholders, communicating effectively both internally and externally and setting the correct expectations to allow the team to succeed. This would include management and coaching and assisting product management with prioritization and planning.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Support the career growth for individuals on a team expanding and maintaining the Terraform Registry for a fast-growing user base
- Collaborate with product management to drive the development of the Terraform Registry and ensure its uptime and availability
- Communicate effectively and partner with several engineering teams across the Terraform organization to achieve ecosystem objectives while assisting the team with effective prioritization of work
- Contribute to our growing engineering management team and culture
- Ensure the on-time release of well-tested and reliable software
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- Minimum of two years of experience directly managing software engineers
- Experience with running high availability services and production infrastructure
- An interest in building a support structure for engineers to help them succeed
- Phenomenal communication skills for working across the organization, capable of building strong relationships with peers and leadership
- Knowledge of infrastructure related technologies
- Experience managing a diverse, distributed team
In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working at HashiCorp, and on the Terraform Registry team in particular. Note that we consider a cover letter an essential part of a complete application.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.