Vault helps organizations secure dynamic infrastructure across any cloud and environments. We’ve also announced the availability of Vault on AWS through our flagship HashiCorp Cloud Platform (HCP), a self-service, fully managed platform offering HashiCorp products as a service to automate infrastructure on any cloud.
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
At HashiCorp, we have used the Tao of HashiCorp as our guiding principles for product development and operate according to a strong set of company principles for how we interact with each other. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn’t required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
About the Role
This is an engineering management role that will provide the opportunity for ownership over current and future Vault cloud services.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Coach and support the team of engineers building the suite of microservices that run Vault in multiple clouds (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Ensure reliable and scalable Vault cluster operations through thoughtful monitoring and release practices
- Collaborate with internal platform teams to ensure that shared concerns such as identity management, billing, usage analytics, and upgrades are implemented in accordance to customer needs, utilizing shared platform capabilities
- Drive improvements to the Vault product based on the needs of customers consuming it as a cloud service
- Foster a culture of learning and operational improvements through effective incident management processes
- Partner with product managers, software engineers, and customer success to define the team’s roadmap
- Hire and grow a diverse team in a fast-scaling organization
- Contribute to company-wide initiatives led by our engineering management, recruitment, and people teams
You may be a good fit if:
- Managed or supported engineers on small or large distributed teams
- You have delivered similar solutions (as an individual contributor or manager) for a SaaS/cloud service through a phase of significant growth.
- You’ve been responsible for production services in the past and have a deep understanding of delivering software at scale, and maintaining operational excellence.
- You have expertise in one or more of the major public clouds: AWS, Azure, GCP
- You are passionate about reducing operational toil, and can advocate for product and platform improvements that can scale with product adoption.
In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include too.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.