Are you a passionate leader and expert Product Marketer? Are you a strong story teller with a passion for Product Marketing? Do you understand the needs of business and technology decision-makers—and how to best speak to them? You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As the Manager of Product Marketing at Thinkific, you will lead a team of product marketers responsible for our self serve business. You’ll build alignment across departments, becoming an expert in our platform, the features and benefits we offer, and why they’re valuable to our self serve customers. Your team will help us shine the spotlight on feature sets (both new and existing) that engage our audience and advise on how to position Thinkific, in general, against our competitors. You are passionate about online courses, understand platform technologies, and have extensive experience building content and driving sales readiness—and you’re ready to put these skills to use in your next role.
In this role, you will:
- Establish a clear definition of our target customer segments, how they buy, and their buying criteria
- Build up a detailed understanding of our competitors and their offerings and how to surpass them
- Help craft the messaging and positioning for Thinkific
- Partner closely with the Creative team to create an engaging web presence, driving visitors and conversions
- Influence product development and launch strategies, based on customer insight, market research, customer adoption, and market awareness
- Communicate the value proposition of product features to the Marketing and Sales teams and help to develop sales and marketing collateral
- Manage and execute the launches of new product features through cross-functional teams
- Create content (such as sales documentation, product videos, website copy, blog posts, and webinars) to articulate the benefits of our products to the world
- Support our Customer Support and Customer Success teams
- Engage directly with prospects, customers and partners to help them be more successful
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 5+ years of (successful!) experience doing product marketing or in a similar role for a SaaS company
- Be an excellent project manager—you can ensure a project stays on track, no matter how many people are involved
- Communicate with ease—you can build consensus and ensure that all stakeholders are on the same page
- Love data and believe strongly in data-driven decision making
- Have experience leading a team (ideally product marketers)
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Can create and execute content campaigns, online events, and other non-paid digital campaigns
- Constantly think outside the box, coming up with creative ways to position features
- Have experience conducting customer interviews
Bonus points if you:
- Excel at copywriting and have exceptional content creation chops
- Have experience building personas, use cases, customer journey maps, etc.
- Have successfully launched a positioned (or repositioned) a product or particular feature offering, and can speak both to what worked and what you’d change if you had the chance to do it again
- Know how to work well with product teams to ensure features under development have the best chance of success
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!