Fundrise offers a wonderful in-person environment at our Washington, DC headquarters if that’s what you are looking for as well as a fully-remote option, including company-paid access to WeWork, from any location in the United States.
Our mission at Fundrise is to allow everyone access to a technology driven, diversified portfolio of institutional-quality real estate. Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button.
Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $2.4 billion from investors in all 50 states and has been honored on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies and the Financial Times 2020 and 2021 ranking of the Americas’ fastest growing companies. We’ve also been recognized as Nerdwallet’s Best Real Estate Investment Platform of 2021.
We’re seeking a Manager to help oversee Property Accounting Operations at Fundrise. A successful candidate will have exceptional process improvement capabilities, be attentive to detail, and have a strong work ethic.
- Assist in build out of internal property accounting processes for directly owned real estate assets in multiple asset classes, with a concentration of commercial office assets in various development and operational phases
- Act as main point of contact for third party property management and accounting groups, including overseeing the onboarding of external property management groups and ensuring ongoing compliance with reporting requirements
- Oversee review of monthly property financials and manage monthly close for assigned portfolio of projects
- Manage lender reporting and compliance calculations for directly owned real estate assets, if applicable
- Manage bank account set up process for newly acquired assets
- Assist with JV and property audits Assist with implementation of additional modules within accounting system and other ERP initiatives as applicable
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 5 years of total experience related to real estate accounting
- 2 years experience of operational accounting with a focus on commercial office, industrial or retail assets
- Demonstrated success in managerial oversight of at least 1-2 individuals
- Strong experience in GAAP accounting, including experience calculating straight-line rent and maintaining fixed assets and depreciation in accordance with internal capitalization policies
- Demonstrated success in process management
- Experience using MRI
- Exposure to diverse asset classes including retail, office, industrial, and multi-family
Benefits at Fundrise
• Great medical, dental, and vision insurance with coverage of 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses, dependent care, and parking
• 401(k) with 3% contributed by Fundrise, regardless of whether you are actively contributing yourself
• Fully covered life insurance and short-term disability
• Significant equity via our employee stock grant program
• Company-paid access to WeWork
• Gympass benefit including mental health resources
• Udemy license for on-demand continuous learning content
• Quarterly Book Initiative to select two books from a curated list related to a different topic each quarter
• Flexible PTO
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid parental leave