Articulate is looking for a Manager, Sales Support Specialist who will lead a team of frontline Sales Support Specialists responsible for answering inbound sales questions and creating qualified opportunities for the Articulate 360 sales team.
You will manage this frontline team’s coverage of inbound sales leads via phone, chat, and email, and help identify new efficiencies and areas for improvement in the role.
The ideal candidate will be a source of knowledge and best practices for the Sales Support Specialists, can think strategically on a process level and assist with best practices and processes in regards to running an inbound lead qualification team. The Manager, Sales Support Specialist will report to our Sr. Director of Sales while working collaboratively with sales leadership counterparts.
You thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment, and work well as part of a team that is laser-focused on providing an outstanding experience for Articulate prospects at the outset of their sales journey.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and develop a team of frontline Sales Support Specialists who are responsible for delivering an exceptional initial sales experience to prospects reaching out to the Articulate sales team
- Meet and exceed pipeline targets Lead by example by fielding, prioritizing, and coordinating coverage of incoming prospect calls, chats, and emails with a goal of creating qualified opportunities for the sales team
- Establish KPIs and report on metrics to measure team performance; address areas for improvement where necessary
- Identify, design, and implement processes to maximize Sales Support Specialists’ productivity and effectiveness Mentor and provide career guidance; ensure Sales Support Specialists improve performance and abilities over time by providing coaching and feedback in recurring 1:1sAct as escalation point for Sales Support Specialist customer situations
- Plan for and hire new Sales Support Specialists
- Create and manage onboarding and continuous training with the help of the sales enablement team
- Work with adjacent management teams (sales operations, marketing, customer success, order management, support) to regularly assess operational efficiencies and address areas for improvement
- Liaise with sales management team members to ensure seamless flow of information and opportunity transfers
- Provide regular updates to the Senior Director of Sales regarding team accomplishments, inefficiencies, and suggestions for improvement
What you should have:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in sales management role (preferably selling Saas product)
- Excellent attention to process efficiencies, detail and follow-through, with the ability to manage and prioritize high-volume activities without letting anything fall through the cracks
- Fundamental understanding of lead and sales development best practices
- Adept at finding answers on the spot to help team handle prospect inquiries
- A strong commitment to growth and development of direct reports
- Experience in applying change management in adoption of new processes
- Solid computer skills, including in-depth experience with CRM (Salesforce preferred); able to create, manage, and update lead, contact, and opportunity information with ease
- Positive, energetic phone presence coupled with outstanding written communication skills
- Thoughtful, trustworthy doer
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
Articulate Global, LLC, is the leading SaaS provider of creator platforms for online workplace training. Founded by Adam Schwartz in 2002 and led by CEO Lucy Suros, Articulate provides creator tools and services that make it simple for enterprises and SMBs to develop, deliver, and analyze online workplace training that’s engaging and effective.
Increasingly, organizations must reskill employees for ever-changing remote and hybrid work environments, create learning cultures that attract and retain employees in a tight labor market, and use training to build more equitable, empowering, and engaging workplaces. Articulate helps organizations address these critical business needs with its creator platform for workplace training. Articulate 360—a suite of creator tools for online courses—was named the 7th most-loved product in the world by TrustRadius. And Rise—an all-in-one online training system that makes online training easy to create, enjoyable to take, and simple to manage—is the first creator platform for SMBs and departments within the enterprise. Articulate has more than 106,000 customers in 161 countries and counts all 100 of the Fortune 100 companies as customers.
Named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces 2020 and a leader in building a human-centered organization, Articulate is guided by a commitment to provide the best value to customers, do right by employees, and create an equitable, empowering workplace for all. As a human-centered organization, we honor people’s humanity knowing that each person’s unique history, vulnerabilities, and social location inform how we show up with one another. We embrace our connectedness, aware that what we do and say impacts others. We give each other grace because we are all works in progress, learning and evolving every day. And we take responsibility for ourselves and are serious about our accountability to each other. In all we do, we strive to create an equitable, sustainable, and empowering workplace while we drive results for the business and make a positive impact in the world. Read more about our values here.
Articulate welcomes different voices and viewpoints and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, native language, pregnancy status, physical size, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.