Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
We’re always on the search for amazing people. People who have a deep passion for technology and are masters at their craft. We build highly sophisticated distributed systems and we don’t take our technology lightly. At Elastic, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a vibrant young company next to some of the smartest and highly skilled technologists the industry has to offer. We’re looking for great teammates, but we also promote independence and ownership. We’re hackers… The good kind! The kind that innovates and creates cutting edge products that eventually translates to a lot of happy, smiling faces.
Thanks to our ongoing expansion we are now seeking a Manager of Sales Insights and Analytics to join our Global Insights & Analytics team, a division within the broader Sales Strategy team and Field Operations. This position will partner with executives leading various departments to develop key elements of our data warehouse to provide critical insights on the performance of our field organization. This work will help the team shift from a reactive analytics motion to a proactive motion: what happened, why it happened, and how to optimize/improve moving forward. This individual will thrive in navigating ambiguity, adapt quickly to a changing environment, take a global and regional view, are data-driven while having a passion for optimizing process and structure. Our ideal candidate will balance critical, long-term thinking about how we scale the business with hands-on delivery to ensure what needs to happen today gets done. This individual loves rolling up your sleeves and digging into the data to deliver measurable insights. We’re seeking people with strong analytical and process skills, comfortable engaging with senior leadership, effective at collaborating with multiple teams and building positive relationships with business partners.
What you will be doing:
- Data Architecture: Design efficient and performant structures that support answering a variety of business questions. The environment requires familiarity with classic warehousing approaches such as star and snowflake schemas, as well as blending these techniques with dynamic views.
- SQL View Development: you will collaborate with other members of the wider team to create SQL queries and aggregations that help us derive key reports, forecasts, and other operational results inside of Google BigQuery. You’ll be responsible for supporting the Sales Strategy org across a wide variety of metric areas from corporate key metrics to individual teams and regional performance. This will ultimately translate into making our Sales Operations org more successful by providing insights to our GTM leadership team to better understand the health of our business, change behavior, supervise progress, and decide when/where to invest for growth.
- Visualizations: after working with IT to productionize your models, you’ll build visualizations (in Tableau and/or a similar tool) that help our business partners and leaders quickly digest results and diagnose / resolve issues with speed and precision.
- Audit and Enablement: you’ll educate and advise key partners about the data outputs and metrics you generate, work with them to fully audit the said output, and ensure they’re fully adopted.
- Driving Requirements: We have big aspirations for our Data Warehouse, particularly around insights that it can deliver back to our field operations team in real-time. You will help create the requirements for how partners use and expose these insights to hundreds of Elastic employees and have a direct impact on accelerating our time to sale.
- Standardization and Documentation – We believe in transparency and collaboration. Adhering to standards of practice and providing thorough documentation of new KPI’s is crucial to being able to pass information freely to users of any experience level. Priorities shift daily and delegating a project from one peer to another will be essential to operational efficiency.
What you bring along:
- Proven track record of 8+ years with a solid understanding of SQL Databases. Exposure to Google BigQuery or Postgres a big plus!
- Expert-level ability to craft SQL queries and create views using data from multiple tables and sources, with a focus on aggregations and statistical functions.
- Shown ability to demonstrate the full scope of a SQL Manager from requirements gathering → data modeling → Data QA/peer reviewing → building visuals → communicating results to partners → enabling self-service tools for the end user.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel: most of your team members have models in excel that they’re looking to bring into BI. Comfortable with understanding their formulas and aggregations will make you infinitely more successful. Preferred: prior experience with R for data analysis & statistics and Tableau.
- Preferred: knowledge of the Elastic stack, particularly Kibana.
- Incredible attention to detail: a chart is meaningless if the insight it claims to portray isn’t accurate or predictive. You always push yourself to deliver the most accurate result.
- Prior experience working in sales operations: you like business metrics, be it for sales, finance, or some other customer-related function. You also have good eye for business and foresight to help enable our extended team members to continue to be more proactive and guide our leadership team. Sales or finance analytics preferred.
- You value autonomy. You have a strong personal sense of time management, and while you enjoy collaborating with your teammates, you don’t need a lot of oversight to get the job done. You also value opportunities to make a high impact on the success of the company as a whole and understand keys to success in a highly visible multi-functional role.
- You are curious and data driven: asking questions and seeking answers is part of who you are, and using your creative skills to craft statistical models that help guide and advise an organization excites and motivates you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.