RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open source data science platform, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means. We are looking to hire a talented Sales Operations Manager, reporting to the VP of Customer Success and Operations, working as part of the Sales team.
In this role, you will directly manage the Sales Operations team and help drive the Sales Operations strategy in our fast-growing open source data science company. You will lead the strategy and execution initiatives across our Sales tech stack to ensure RStudio secures revenues that fund its mission to create open-source software that serves the data science community. You are a player-coach and work closely with leaders and team members to support the efficiency, velocity, and productivity of revenue-generating functions at scale, through the development and optimization of relevant policy, processes, systems, support, and data to help maximize the impact RStudio can have on the world.
How you’ll make an impact
- Lead projects ranging from policy improvements, process optimization, customer data strategy and alignment, technology development and systems integrations in support of RStudio’s Sales, Customer Success, and related functions.
- Create, steward, and drive execution of initiatives on the Sales Operations roadmap in support of optimizing business operations for efficiency, productivity and scale.
- Connect the Sales Operations roadmap to company strategy and effectively communicate to stakeholders with maximum clarity around requirements, impact, risks, and progress of initiatives. Partner with management teams to find solutions to adapt to the changing needs of the business, and coordinate with adjacent functional groups to ensure consistency.
- Support annual planning cycles including customer segmentation analysis, Sales and Customer Success coverage model, quota-setting, incentive plan design, territory design, and cascading our financial plan to international markets.
- Perform strategic customer analyses to identify new growth drivers or opportunities for improvement.
- Define, manage, and provide insights on key performance indicators and sales forecasts.
- Serve as a “growth hacker”, helping to determine the strategy and execute programs to drive a world-class Sales process and associated revenue growth, increasing our revenue per Sales / Customer Success rep.
- Lead and mentor a small but growing team that
- Acts as a resource to Customer Success and Sales on all aspects of order processing, order management, and information quality
- Trains new hires on order process and best practices
- Ensures information quality and accuracy and process compliance
- Monitors and analyzes reports and organizational health
- Manages certain categories of transactions directly
- Implements automation, workflows and processes in Salesforce
- Plans events and offsites
- Manage and build upon our current Sales and Marketing stacks, using Salesforce, CPQ, Outreach.io, Clearbit, and R. Manage supplier relationships and lead evaluations of new systems.
What you bring to the table
- 5-7 years of experience in Sales Operations in the software industry, with a proven history of driving multiple complex projects at the same time to on-time completion in a fast-moving environment.
- Extensive experience implementing and maintaining enterprise SaaS tools for communication and operations (e.g. Salesforce, Outreach, etc.).
- Good understanding of system integration processes and methodologies.
- Clear, concise communication skills.
- Empathy for internal stakeholders’ pain points and needs, and an ability to translate those needs into concrete requirements.
- Ability to communicate informed, data-driven opinions and drive discussions on strategy, priority, and tradeoffs while representing the needs of the Sales organization. You can influence leadership and other stakeholders with your analyses. You have strong skills in spreadsheet-based modeling (yes, even RStudio uses spreadsheets!), and it is a plus if you have skills in data manipulation, cleaning, and visualization.
- Accountability, inclusiveness, and high standards.
- Pluses: Experience in CPQ implementation, training, management and leadership, Kanban, data science, business intelligence tools, code, and/or scripting
- RStudio is a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and a Certified B Corporation®, which means that our open-source mission is codified into our charter, and that our corporate decisions balance the interests of the community, customers, employees, and shareholders.
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching
- a home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- a profit-sharing system
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.