About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Remote-First Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
As a strategic sales manager on Aurora’s sales team, you will be recruiting, hiring, managing, and developing a team of strategic account executives. You will manage by example and participate in our largest strategic customer and prospect meetings whilst masterfully navigating a complex technical sales motion. You confidently impact how Aurora’s customers do business in an ever-changing environment. Onboarding new team members and training them on our existing sales process is a key element of this role due to our fast growth. Accuracy in forecasting and reporting to senior sales management in regard to activities, pipeline, and ARR will help you make data-focused decisions. You will also be working cross-functionally with marketing, product, business development, engineering, and customer success to execute core KPIs and meet/exceed sales targets.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Guide customer and prospect calls, whilst supporting your AEs account strategies, engaging at C-Level at large enterprise organizations
- Achieve growth metrics and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team
- Coach and mentor Enterprise Account Executives to close complex sales in a predictable and disciplined process
- Direct Enterprise AEs in achieving personal, team, and organizational quotas
- Build and track detailed reporting dashboards to monitor the sales activity of the team and forecasting to senior sales management
- Refine and improve the enterprise sales playbooks and training guides as well as develop customer campaigns
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Work with marketing and customer success teams to develop strategies to drive new and expansion revenue, monitoring demand generation
- Development of a winning team; including recruiting, hiring, and training
What we value:
- 10+ years of SaaS sales experience with at least 5 years of experience managing strategic/enterprise account executive teams
- Passion for developing, coaching, and mentoring team members to succeed and grow as high-performing account executives
- History of selling into large strategics through high business acumen
- A demonstrated history of meeting organizational, team, and personal goals
- Knowledge of key SaaS performance metrics and experience forecasting the sales pipeline of strategic and enterprise accounts
- Excellent communication skills and ability to partner with key stakeholders and teams in product, marketing, business development, solutions engineering, and customer success
- Demonstrated ability to speak, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Success in building and scaling teams in a scale-up environment
- Ability to operate and thrive in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment
- Solar experience is nice to have, but not a requirement for this role
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.