We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Are you a natural connector who loves matching exceptional people with career-defining opportunities? Can you dream big and inspire a team to hit ambitious goals? Are you looking for a role where you can play at the strategic level while not disconnecting from being hands-on? At Thinkific, our values define our culture and the people we hire—and that’s where you come in!
As a Talent Acquisition Manager at Thinkific, you’ll own a portfolio of departments’ hiring processes. You’re already an expert at finding creative ways to source candidates in a competitive market and pick out the cream of the crop, and want to help grow a company that truly cares about its team members. Working within our People team, you’ll work cross-departmentally to ensure we’re seeking out the best matches for our roles based equally on skills and values fit. To do so, you will help lead and mentor a team of Talent Acquisition Specialists by building on our current processes and passing on best practices in employment branding and recruitment strategy. As we continue growing our company, you will play a key role in the leadership and growth of our talent acquisition function.
In this role, you will:
- Hire, coach, and develop a high performing, motivated, and happy talent acquisition team that loves going above and beyond to help the rest of our company with their own hiring goals
- Work collaboratively with our team leads and managers at both the strategic and tactical levels to fulfill current and upcoming recruitment needs
- Own full cycle recruitment of a portfolio of strategic job opportunities while actively coaching and training team members on interviewing best practices
- Scope and manage a number of recruitment-related projects and initiatives, including identifying creative new sourcing channels, suggesting process improvements, fine-tuning interviewing techniques, giving feedback to hiring leads, evolving our employer brand, etc.
- Optimize and manage talent acquisition OKRs, KPIs, and dashboards to accurately communicate the department’s goals and results to the rest of the organization
To be successful in this role, you likely:
- Have a natural ability to communicate with others and are a people person! You care about building genuine internal and external relationships—you find it easy to Slack a hiring lead, make an offer over the phone, or dive into an event crowd and strike up a meaningful conversation with a potential team member
- Are hyper-organized—the little things almost never slip by you and your friends might even call you Donna or Donny Details. You can play calendar tetris in your sleep, live by checklists, and never forget a stand-out candidate’s name
- Have touched every piece of the recruitment funnel and successfully placed an impressive number of high-performing candidates at other startups or tech companies (and coached others to do the same). You don’t even bat an eyelash at hypergrowth volumes of applicants!
- Possess an above-average technical aptitude or interest in tech and a strong understanding of relevant roles in the industry, as well as the latest recruitment methods
- Can grasp new tools and systems quickly (we use Greenhouse as our ATS, BambooHR as our HRIS, Gem as our sourcing platform and Asana for project management)
- Understand the value of a diverse team and prioritize finding a wide pool of qualified candidates while enabling unbiased hiring decisions
- Do your best work when you’re given autonomy with support—you enjoy being given a challenge and finding your own ways to solve it
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience in a full cycle in-house or agency recruitment role where you oversaw the hiring of a variety of SaaS-related positions (from customer support to senior engineers)
- Are experienced in successfully leading a team of 2 or more (helping them to set clear, impactful goals, providing mentorship, having regular 1-on-1s, etc.)
- Have a proven track record of hiring high-performers across multiple departments, from emerging talent to senior leaders
- Can assess hiring metrics and objectively evaluate the success of recruitment efforts
- Feel comfortable training others on hiring best practices, technologies, and processes
- Are a clear communicator, both written and verbal—you can craft a thoughtful email just as easily as you can dive deep during an interview
Bonus points if you:
- Are comfortable using our technology stack: Greenhouse, BambooHR, Gem, Asana, and LinkedIn
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!