About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Remote-First Companies To Work for in 2022” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
We are looking for a strategic HR Business Partner who would like to join an organization that is making a meaningful difference in the world. You will utilize a people-focused approach to advise and work with senior leaders on the organization’s strategic planning, people programs, and organizational health, as well as provide trusted partnerships to employees as they navigate their experience at Aurora Solar. In this role you will lead the Tech HRBP pod, growing this function and contributing to the broader People function as a member of the People Leadership team.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented people to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Reporting to the VP of People, you’ll manage the Tech HRBP team, investing in HRBP talent and building world-class HR practices.
- Partner with client group VPs and senior management to align business priorities with people strategies, optimizing for team performance, engagement, and retention
- Assess organizational performance systemically, utilizing data and metrics. Define talent gaps and propose solutions
- Establish and maintain a deep understanding of your client groups and the industry, as well as emerging trends in talent management and organizational health
- Act as a trusted advisor to leaders, managers, and employees, providing guidance in the following areas: performance management, organization design, succession planning, coaching, career frameworks, talent data analysis compensation and rewards, legal risk mitigation/compliance, employee relations, learning and development, change management, engagement, recognition programs, etc.
- Navigate complex employee relations issues with a mindful, solution-oriented approach
- Partner with People functions (People Ops, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, and Workforce Experience) to develop HR solutions, programs, and policies that support business and employee growth
- Develop staffing plans that meet business needs in partnership with senior leaders, Talent Acquisition, and Finance
- Work with managers and People teams to plan for employee lifecycle events, such as compensation and performance management.
- Initial projects will include career frameworks, workforce planning, and performance management programs and processes
What we value:
- 5+ years as an HR Business Partner or HR Generalist with Management experience directly supporting senior leaders
- Proven performance history as a strategic HR partner
- Demonstrable practical knowledge of HR data and metrics
- Thorough knowledge of employment law
- Full comprehension of all HR functions and best practices
- Excellent social and communication skills with expertise in coaching and influencing business management at all levels
- Highly collaborative and adaptable approach, cultivating an environment of trust, inclusion, and belonging
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a strong customer focus
- Analytical and goal-oriented approach
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.