ThreeFlow is looking for teammates who are naturally curious and love to ask questions, even when it means questioning industry standards. We cultivate an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute, grow, and feel valued. The Manager, Underwriting Ops position is best suited for servant leaders with a robust understanding of employee benefits (life, disability, worksite, dental, vision, medical, and more). They enable their teams of Underwriting Consultants & Associates with coaching, tools, resources, and recognition to help them do the best work of their careers. You will be assigned a portion of our broker clients to delight through your team by ensuring their book of business is accurate, timely, and actionable on ThreeFlow.
About the role
You are passionate about…
- Building and retaining an elite team of underwriters, risk managers, and innovators;
- Providing thoughtful feedback that fuels personal growth and development;
- Coaching individuals through innovative projects that push boundaries in the industry;
- Recognizing initiatives, success, and efforts across their team in a way the encourages more of it;
- Delivering on, and taking accountability for, our promises to our partners through their team;
- Coordinating with key partners to improve the quality of life at work for their teams; and
- Delighting benefits brokers by completing complex projects through your team of experts that ensure their book of business is accurately represented on ThreeFlow.
- 5+ years of underwriting experience in group employee benefits insurance. Life, disability, dental, vision, worksite, or stop loss experience preferred.
- Outstanding people management skills.
- Demonstrated history of leading successful projects or initiatives across a remote team that delivers timely results to your organization.
- Experience assessing team capacity, scheduling work to be done, managing workflows, and meeting deadlines across a remote team.
- Have a strong sense of accountability, and knows the importance of owning the results of your team, good or bad.
- Financially responsible, able to maximize the value of your team’s budget.
- Clear communicator with technical and non-technical partners.
- Eagerness to work in an evolving, fast-paced environment.
- Excited to share knowledge with your reports, and able to track educational needs, goals, and progres.
Please note that immigration sponsorship (H-1B, TN, etc.) is not currently available for this position.
Our (FTE) benefits
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your family
- 401(k) plan
- Generous paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Stipend to improve your work from home experience
- Constantly push boundaries
We think beyond what might be easy or obvious when we’re problem solving. We get scrappy and creative in front of hurdles.
- Collaborate enthusiastically
Our collaboration as a team is our most valuable asset. We’re able to go farther when we act together.
- Work with respect
We’re deliberate, honest, and kind with the words and actions we use. We believe people have positive intent with their actions.
- Grow together
We value developing ourselves personally and professionally to achieve our goals. We encourage taking chances and celebrate curiosity.
ThreeFlow is a Benefits Placement System, a new category of enterprise software that allows benefits brokers and insurance carriers to manage the entire placement process in one shared system. We make it easier for carriers to win business and brokers to empower employers with the details they need to make better decisions. By connecting people, systems, and information, we enable easier communication, a quicker process, and better decisions making busy people more productive. Learn more at threeflow.com
ThreeFlow is committed to building an inclusive working environment regardless of gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, education, age, or other personal characteristics. We believe that people do their best work when they can be themselves, and we’re creating an environment to enable them to do just that.