HubSpot is looking for a remarkable manager to take our YouTube channel to the next level.
This high-impact, high-visibility role sits on the Media team in Marketing and is responsible for overseeing the execution of our YouTube strategy and managing the team to achieve the channel’s goals. This person will get to work with a talented team of YouTube and video experts to produce world-class video content that grows the channel. They will oversee the content strategy for the channel so a keen sense for researching topics that will resonate with an audience is a must.
This person should have a proven track record of growing YouTube channels. They will have an insatiable curiosity for understanding how YouTube recommends and ranks videos, as well as a passion for creating engaging and valuable content. They are extremely creative and know how to create content that connects with an audience. They have endless ideas and are energised by elevating content to the next level through creative ideation and storytelling.
The right person for this role is driven by helping their team achieve incredible results. They are passionate about developing people towards their individual career goals and get immense satisfaction from seeing them grow. They know when to coach and when to teach and are excellent communicators. They have a strong ability to create inclusive environments where everyone feels valued and enabled to do their best work.
They are deeply analytical and use data-driven insights to test theories, improve results and meet KPIs. This person is also a pro at working collaboratively, communication and project management.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Oversee the strategy for HubSpot’s YouTube channel designed to significantly increase views on HubSpot’s content and convert those views into leads
- Manage a team of YouTube scriptwriters, Strategist, and Talent
- Collaborate with a creative team of video producers, animators, and editors to ensure your team’s content is world-class
- Develop and manage content creation processes to ensure optimal output
- Oversee the execution of a testing plan for converting YouTube views into leads
- Develop strategy to leverage your channel’s videos to help promote HubSpot as a brand
- Collaborate with the SEO, Trends, and Blog teams to identify topics for videos and help the team prioritize which topics to create videos for
- Help the team to come up with creative ideas and ways to elevate the content through creative storytelling techniques
- Provide feedback to the team on their outlines and scripts
- Manage the production budget in collaboration with our video production team
- Measure performance of content and ads via YouTube Analytics and internal tools to drive viewership and conversion. Based on data-driven insights, continually optimize efforts against newly established benchmarks.
We are looking for people who have:
- A proven track record of significantly growing a YouTube channel or channels
- Strong people management skills and ability to develop a team
- Excellent communication and stakeholder influencing skills
- An insatiable curiosity for understanding how YouTube recommends and ranks video content
- An understanding of the creative and strategic elements that must be present in a video to make it engaging for viewers and optimized for YouTube’s algorithm
- An understanding of YouTube ads and how to use them to effectively distribute video content on YouTube
- An expert-level understanding of YouTube analytics and how to measure the performance of YouTube content and ads in order to better achieve goals
- A passion for creating world-class videos that are engaging and helpful to viewers and an ability to research and select topics that will resonate with an audience
- An ability and desire to stay up-to-date with the ever-changing YouTube ecosystem and new features
- Experience in driving views to take an action (e.g., subscribing, visiting a website, becoming a lead)
- Strong project management, collaboration and communication skills
- A strong work ethic, drive and determination to accomplish goals
- Video production skills (shooting, editing, VFX) a plus but not required
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.