Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
Elastic is looking for an experienced editor and storyteller to manage the day-to-day operations of the elastic.co blog. The ideal candidate has exceptional time management and organizational skills, is plugged into the latest content and technology trends, and has demonstrated experience helping to shape stories that speak to developer and/or IT decision maker audiences.
As part of the Content & Editorial team, the managing editor will oversee the blog editorial calendar and will work closely with subject matter experts and other stakeholders across the company to ensure that all Elastic blog content meets editorial standards and aligns with an overarching content strategy.
We’re looking for someone with experience managing a successful blog, preferably for a technical or developer audience. Bonus points if you have experience growing readership from a more technical or niche focus to broader audiences including the C-suite and decision makers.
Applicants should enjoy working cross-functionally in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. We value a can-do attitude, passion for exceeding expectations, and a sharp focus on driving toward business outcomes. This is a great opportunity to help extend and evolve the content and editorial program in a highly dynamic, fast-growing company.
- Edit and publish three to six blog posts weekly
- Work directly with blog authors in Engineering, Product Management, and Marketing teams to help them shape their content, focusing on overall writing quality, flow, brand voice, and clarity
- Work with other members of the Content & Editorial Services team to develop and implement a content strategy for the Elastic blog
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Elastic blog, including the editorial calendar and assisting with staging and publishing blog content
- Work with Design and Video teams to create image and video assets for blog posts
- Track and report out on key blog metrics
- Provide support for other editorial requests from across the company as needed
- At least five years of experience writing or editing technical web content, with at least two years in a managing editor or publishing project manager role
- Strong writing and editing skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to provide constructive and collaborative feedback to writers with diverse backgrounds and writing styles
- Knowledge of SEO, HTML, and content management systems
- Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style and experience working with and/or maintaining writing style guides
- Proficiency in Google Analytics (proficiency in Kibana is a bonus)
- Technical background or experience writing about technical topics for a developer audience
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.