About the Role
Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you are highly driven and motivated, have your sights set on learning everything you can about every aspect of marketing, and are passionate about differentiated marketing that gets results, this is the role for you. We are intrigued to see how you will use those skills in pursuing this role.
We’re looking for a Marketing Associate who wants to join a rocketship startup and supercharge their craft with a talented team. To start, you will likely have your hands in a bit of everything (ABM, content strategy, demand gen, event marketing, social media, product marketing, etc). As our marketing team grows, you can choose to specialize or stay a generalist, depending on how your skills and strengths evolve. Under the guidance of an industry veteran, you’ll benefit from unlimited mentoring and refining your marketing skills as well as teaching new impactful strategies. There is high career growth potential in this role. We don’t expect you have experience in all of the following, and we’re willing to teach! Some job responsibilities will include:
- Story telling – writing, writing, writing: we need someone who turns complex, technical concepts into compelling sales collateral, blog posts, white papers, case studies, ebooks, web and ad copy, and more. Writing will be a huge part of your job, so you should love it and excel at it. We will want to see samples as part of your application process.
- Product marketing support: help our talented product team translate their vision into collateral and promotional materials that communicate values, features, and benefits.
- Social media strategy and management: develop and execute social strategies for LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Research projects: assist the head of marketing with research into new markets, competitive analysis, analyst firms, and other projects as needed.
- Email marketing: create, plan, monitor, and execute email marketing campaigns to clients and prospects to move them through the marketing funnel to SQL.
- Account based marketing: help us evolve and execute increasingly strategic, complex, and effective ABM tactics…we are just dipping our toes in this area and have so much room to grow.
- Demand generation: Identify new B2B marketing opportunities to execute marketing programs that capture and nurture leads across multiple channels including events, SEM, email, retargeting, targeted social advertising, and cooperative marketing with partners.
- Manage the blog: You will create, manage, and maintain an editorial calendar for our blog and other content projects, and oversee content creation.
- Marketing calendar: develop and maintain a B2B marketing calendar, noting coordinated efforts with PR, Social Media, Email SEO, Sales, etc.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of enterprise SaaS B2B marketing experience involving defining, managing and executing B2B digital marketing strategies.
- Experience working to translate complex technical concepts into compelling marketing messaging.
- Track record of marketing to Fortune 500-1000 companies.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing with internal cross functional teams (sales, product, customer success, etc) as well as with external teams.
- Strong aptitude to effectively manage multiple B2B marketing initiatives, communicate all internal and external deadlines and stay within budgets.
- Experience of managing multiple digital marketing campaigns with the competence to analyze and make recommendations on performance.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, organizational skills, and time + project management expertise; managing multiple, concurrent projects with in-house creative and outside agency.
- An enthusiastic self starter, entrepreneurial by nature individual with a “can-do” attitude.
- Supply chain or logistics experience would be a plus.
- Experience with Hubspot and Salesforce would be a plus.
Who We Are
Chain.io is a fast growing, remote-first logistics technology software company and has developed an industry leading logistics integration software platform for 3PLs, Freight Forwarders, Shippers and SAAS providers who need to integrate with customers, agents, suppliers and other systems. Once a client is connected to Chain.io’s platform, they have access to pre-built best practice business processes including bookings, shipments, purchase orders, ASNs, status updates, documents, invoices, and more. We also have access to other prebuilt adaptors with our SaaS customers on the platform.
At Chain.io our employees are our number one asset, and we continue to be a tight-knit community where each of us has a critical role in our success. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed. Our commitment to diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We work together to bring out the best in each other and depend on a rich blend of ideas, backgrounds, soft skills, and working styles in our quest to change the world for the better. We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying.
Video from Founder & CEO Brian Glick: https://vimeo.com/385263719
Compensation and Benefits Overview
- Our brand and culture is more than how we market our products; it’s a way of thinking and a way of being in and out of the office.
- We believe in 4 main principles – Leadership, Reliability, Kindness and Inclusivity at all times.
- Our salary will match and or exceed your prior skills, industry knowledge and experience.
- We give our employees a flexible work schedule, where you have the ability to work remotely and set your own work hours.
- WE care about outcomes, more than how many hours you clock.
- A balanced life is important to a healthy work environment.
- PTO overview – you are required to use at least 10 days per year with a soft ceiling of 20 days (very flexible if you need to go over).
- We offer you subsidized Health and Dental insurance as well as 401K.
- Stock options are assigned for all new employees.
- We give you the opportunity to be reimbursed for conferences and professional development.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.