Leap’s mission is to combat climate change by enabling a reliable electric grid that runs on clean energy. The electric grid is transforming from dirty (but predictable) fossil fuels to clean (but less predictable) renewable energy. To do so, the grid needs more flexible demand and supply to help maintain stability and reliability.
Leap plays a crucial role in opening up wholesale energy markets to all distributed energy resources, enabling our partners to get paid for providing flexibility to the grid.
Leap is a privately-held tech company with funding from top VCs and well-known energy entrepreneurs. Our core operations are in the San Francisco Bay Area and Utrecht (NL), but we are a distributed workplace with teammates based in Atlanta, Boston, Boulder, Chicago, Maui, and Washington, DC.
Who are we looking for?
We’re seeking an entrepreneurial individual to join Leap’s Marketing Team to support our growth. This role focuses on building out our B2B2C and B2C marketing strength, working with partners to develop customer conversion programs. This position will have a large external-facing component where you will collaborate with our partners as a subject matter expert to improve their customer enrollment rates.
This position can be based anywhere in North America.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- At least 3 years of marketing experience, B2C experience a plus.
- Proven results in developing marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate.
- Ability to think strategically but can easily dive into the details and love to problem solve.
- The confidence to be a partner-facing expert.
- Strong growth track record, with samples and results of past campaigns.
- Knowledge of HubSpot, Google Analytics, and Mailchimp, or confidence on supervising contractors to deliver.
- 3+ years’ experience in marketing.
- Have agency experience, working with multiple clients.
- Experience working collaboratively with a diverse team of amazingly talented and fun people, but are also of working independently in a fast-paced startup environment.
What you will be working on:
- Strategizing with and advising multiple partners on marketing approaches for their target customers.
- Creating innovative approaches to creating and testing messaging and conversion strategies for our partners’ customers.
- Developing a Best Practices guide and repository of assets for use by various partners.
- Designing and developing an API-driven marketing engine that can be leveraged by multiple partners and embedded in their go-to-market stack.
- Owning and executing successful campaigns from ideation to execution for Leap branded products and services.
What’s it like to work at Leap?
Product: At our core we are a tech company. We love technical challenges and build things that we are proud of and would like to use ourselves. Everyone is highly involved in building and designing our products, making them extremely valuable and a pleasure to use.
Purpose: Some of us worked in energy before, some of us haven’t. All of us would like to make a difference and do our part in helping the world move towards a more resilient grid run on renewable energy.
Fun: We work hard, but enjoy our time at work as well as outside of work. With the team spread out over multiple time zones we also embraced flexibility early on, and are focused on results instead of time spent in the office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.