As Marketing Manager, Retail – EMEA, you will develop and head our lead generation strategies through online and offline marketing campaigns for the EMEA region. Reporting to the Senior Director, Marketing – Retail, you will drive the growth at the top of the funnel through paid and organic channels; masterminding and working on acquisition campaigns, brand activities, and conversion optimisation through the funnel. You’ll also play a leading role in driving expansion and product adoption within our existing customer base. The ideal candidate is data driven and technical on one side, and on another, exhibits outstanding strategic thinking, experience in crafting world-class marketing campaigns and has the energy and drive to own projects from ideation to execution.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own all lead acquisition and revenue targets for the Retail industry in EMEA
- Develop, and implement EMEA’s annual and quarterly marketing roadmaps, calendars, campaigns and projects to drive pipeline and revenue for the business, and grow brand and product awareness
- Establish a go-to market plan for M&As and product launches within EMEA
- Work with the Growth Marketing team to set regional targets
- Collaborate with Senior Director, Marketing – Retail to set and own the regional Retail marketing budget
- Continually review internal and external data sources to identify growth and expansion opportunities in the EMEA region
Campaign Creation and Implementation
- Collaborate with the global Retail Product and Marketing teams to implement global marketing campaigns locally, owning the localisation of content and region-specific tactics and activities
- Plan and execute EMEA-specific campaigns, based on seasonality and regional opportunities – keeping a finger on the pulse of trends and emerging themes in the region
- Collaborate with Growth Marketing teams to ensure always-on acquisition campaigns, and acquisition content connects with and engages EMEA audiences
- Measure, evaluate and iterate campaigns based on their performance
- Oversee optimization and measurement of customer acquisition, cross-sell initiatives, and remarketing in order to deliver incremental sales, and enable consumer loyalty
Brand and Content
- Evaluate, plan and implement the retail trade shows and events strategy for EMEA
- Build an amazing brand identity in industry and trade publications
- Collaborate and engage with customers and Corporate Communications team to identify the key customers and stories to enhance company PR, then work with content and creative teams to bring these stories to life
Enablement and Expansion
- Develop and implement EMEA customer marketing activities, including marketing automation programs
- Work closely with the company’s Retail Sales team; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Proven experience developing and leading marketing roadmaps, campaigns and projects from customer insight to ideation and execution
- A strategic and analytical mind with a customer-centric focus and ownership mentality to deliver on business objectives and high-growth targets
- Mastery for identifying marketing opportunities for new customer acquisition and for growing an existing customer base
- Excellent collaborator with experience working with Product, Marketing and Sales leaders of various levels
- Exceptional project management and communication skills to lead and influence multiple stakeholders to meet project objectives and deadlines
- Superior analytical skills with proven data tools experience including Excel, Looker, etc.
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience in Product Marketing, Growth Marketing or Brand Management
- Experience working with a globally dispersed team
What’s in it for you:
Come live the Lightspeed experience…
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family.
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Generous paid time off policy, with potential for unlimited (based on country)
- Flexible working policy, including location and hours!
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefits, including 400€ annual benefit + wellness and coaching app access
- Paid leave assistance for new parents
- Linkedin learning license
- Annual volunteer days
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed’s one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.