Hello! My name is Dee and I head up the Startup Marketing Team at Customer.io. The Startup Program plays an important role at Customer.io, and is one of our most successful demand generations programs.
I’m looking for a Marketing Program Coordinator who is excited to support ground-breaking startups as they grow through our platform. You will work with exceptional early-stage companies who have the propensity to become users and promoters of our product. We’re looking for someone who understands the way startup founders think, who is motivated by data, achieving goals, and looking for a collaborative environment.
Some things you’ll do:
- You’ll manage the startup lead pipeline by reviewing and approving applications to ensure adherence to program criteria
- Review all startup applications, maintain application review turnaround of less than 1 day
- Answer application/acceptance inquiries and enroll in sequences to convert
- You’ll encourage engagement from our current referral partners by conducting quarterly partner reviews
- Each quarter, you’ll confirm the partner is still participating, review referral metrics, and send feedback to the partner
- Running one yearly meeting with each partner to maintain the relationship and identify expansion opportunities
- You’ll seek out and onboard new startup referral partners
- Source 30 new partners per quarter
- Vet partner applicants for technical and business requirements, including the organization of discovery meetings
- Onboard 20 partners per quarter (60 for 2023)
- Help ensure startup program members have a great experience by responding to general inquiries received via email or help inbox
- Maintain a response time of less than 1 day for all non-TS routed Startup Tickets
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrated customer service, troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a sales or partnerships program
- Experience with remote work collaboration tools such as Salesforce, Close CRM, Slack, Notion, G-suite, and/or other business management/reporting systems
- Time zone availability. You’ll need to overlap with your Manager (based in the US) and be able to support users in the Americas (some accommodation for clients with varying timezones may be necessary).
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation), high emotional IQ, and a drive to achieve
- Flexibility to adjust your day-to-day to fit with the most critical tasks on hand
- Working understanding of how early-stage businesses are financed and motivated
- Thirst for knowledge, a hunger for continuous learning, and an innate curiosity. We are looking for you to gain a deep understanding of our product.
- Proactive, self-motivated, agile, and team-oriented. Comfortable working in a distributed team with autonomy
- You’re curious and enjoy learning about different businesses and industries
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 4,700 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of emails, SMS, push notifications, and in-app messages. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $78,000 USD depending on experience and subject to market rate adjustment.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO – we encourage 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave – for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching – up to 5% dollar-for-dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance – Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend – Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement – Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement – Up to $300 USD per month for those times you’d prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development – Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops – anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io – to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- 1 annual company retreat per year and opportunities to meet in smaller groups throughout the year
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! – as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check and employment verifications as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below by Friday, March 10th and tell us why you’re interested in the position! We plan to respond to all applicants with a status update about your application.
Here’s what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 30-minute video call with a Recruiter
- 45-minute video call with the Hiring Manager
- Take Home Assignment
- Assignment Review Call with two potential team members
- Final Interview