Mathematics Grade K-8 Associate Director
Curriculum Associates hires people, not positions. If you feel energized by what you read here, but aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! We believe diverse backgrounds lead to innovative thinking, making our products better for the 8 million students we serve. Above all, we’re looking for the right person to grow with us.
We are looking for an experienced Grades K–8 Math Associate Director to join our talented team. We are seeking a team-oriented person who can balance troubleshooting issues that arise and proactively problem-solving ways to improve editorial quality and team efficiency. Curriculum Associates has a proven record of developing top quality educational materials and solutions. We are looking for someone with the same passion for making a difference for teachers and students.
Join a mission-driven company and team who are focused on developing educational resources that support anti-racist beliefs. This position offers a highly motivated professional the opportunity to combine editorial and management skills to assist the Product Development team in taking a high volume of projects from submission to fulfillment.
Impact you’ll have:
- Collaborate with team to define workflows, processes, guidelines and resource plans that ensure high quality content and ensure that processes are being followed throughout the lifecycle of a given project
- Manage budget and resource plan
- Lead partnership with project management and editorial to develop and maintain schedule and workplan for all aspects of a project
- Mentor and develop editorial staff on professional growth, team management, and product development
- Identify possible project bottlenecks and offer creative solutions working collaboratively with all project stakeholders (design, sales, production, marketing, implementation, etc…)
- Partner with project leads and editors to ensure that all components are appropriately aligned
- Serve as a thought partner with team leadership and editorial leads, developing components for our Grade K-5 or 6-8 programs from conceptualization to final production
- Review and provide feedback to writers and editors (both internal and external), ensuring the quality and appropriateness of content with respect to grade and reading levels, content accuracy, and pedagogical fidelity
- Effectively manage vendor/freelancer relationships and grow editorial team in their ability to manage quality and provide appropriate feedback and support
Who we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in K-5 and/or 6-8 Mathematics educational publishing with experience editing print materials
- Experience leading teams of vendors, freelancers, and internal staff to deliver quality products
- Deep familiarity with Common Core State Standards
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, while maintaining the quality of the product
- Ability to see the big picture and dig into the details
- Proven writing and editing skills, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- A team player who works productively and cooperatively with a wide range of people
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Elementary Education, or a related field required
We’d also love to see (though not required):
- Elementary or Middle School Math teaching experience
Location: Remote or based in our North Billerica, MA office
Compensation and benefits: Equitable pay and great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.