Brightline is on a mission to build a bright future for every child, bringing extraordinary behavioral health care to children and families.
We’re in the middle of a behavioral health crisis that we can’t ignore—especially not when it comes to our children. 1 in every 5 children has a behavioral health condition, yet up to 80% still get little or no help. Far too many families face insurmountable barriers when their child really needs help, and parents are too often left feeling alone and without the support they need. We can do so much better. That’s why we’re here!
Brightline is redesigning the way pediatric behavioral health is delivered by building a team of leading clinicians, technologists, business leaders, and creative thinkers to completely transform what behavioral health care looks like. Together, we’re building exceptional technology and real-world care to bring a warm, supportive, personalized and goal-oriented experience to families.
About the Role
We are on the lookout for a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist to join our team as the first Medical Director. Your primary role will be supervising physicians and nurse practitioners, while also providing some direct patient care. As the first team member in this role, you will also be responsible for setting clinical policy and guiding strategy in collaboration with the leadership team, including participating in external meetings with press, payers, employers and other potential partners. Holding true to our Mission, you will ensure safe and effective pediatric mental health services are provided to all children and families in compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements using evidence-based guidelines.
As Medical Director you will:
- Inspire through excellent management and leadership:
- Collaborate with Brightline’s Chief Medical Officer, Head of Therapy and care delivery team to ensure the provision of high quality and effective pediatric behavioral health services to children and teens.
- Hire, manage and supervise pediatric behavioral health providers (physicians and APRNs); engage in collaborative practice agreements with nurse practitioners on your team.
- Build an exceptional team culture based in collaboration, continuous improvement and accountability to retain top talent and achieve excellent clinical and operational outcomes.
- Develop policies and quality assurance processes to guide safe and effective care.
- Support innovation and growth:
- Engage in testing and feedback sessions across Brightline care delivery and product teams.
- Acquire new state licenses (with administrative support and financial sponsorship!) to support families in multiple states as we grow nationwide.
- Provide exceptional care:
- Deliver diagnostic evaluations and ongoing medication management services to children and teens:
- Support all aspects of each child or teen’s treatment by collaborating with other care team members including coaches and therapists.
- Document your work including session notes, care plans and ongoing progress with high levels of accuracy and timeliness in our electronic health record.
You will thrive in the role of Medical Director at Brightline if you have:
- A passion for our mission to redesign behavioral healthcare delivery for children and their families
- Experience managing the clinical and administrative performance of pediatric behavioral healthcare teams.
- Expertise in delivering child and teen-focused psychiatric care including diagnostic evaluation and medication management.
- Experience and passion for providing supervision, teaching, and clinical leadership to multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience in family-centered care models and a warm, engaging clinical style; experience with stepped care models.
- Excellent skills with learning and using new technologies.
- The drive to be part of building something new and at the same time comfortable with the constant change and evolution of a start-up.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) and an ability to share feedback across teams in a collaborative and solution-oriented way.
- An active state license and excitement to obtain additional state licenses.
This role is available as full-time (40 hours weekly).
Brightline is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.