Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected. As a medical professional, we value your input in our product development and business strategy. As our Medical Fellow you’ll have the unique opportunity to work with both product and strategy teams to create real change. The MD Fellow is a paid contractor role available 40 hours per week, following the Doximity business day. Medical students who have completed their third year clerkships and residents at any level who have a full year available are welcome to apply.
One of Doximity’s core values is stretching ourselves. Even if you don’t check off all the boxes below we encourage you to apply. Doximity is full of exceptional people that don’t fit a mold, join us!
How you’ll make an impact:
- Provide expertise on medical terms, physician workflow, and current needs in physician digital communications
- Support a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Engineers and Data Analysts in the development and support of new product initiatives
- Gather and generate requirements for product evolution based on market analyses and end-user (or internal team) interactions
- Identify, assess and scope product opportunities, driving new feature development from conception to launch and optimization
- Prepare detailed specs that meet user needs, create a positive user experience, and ensure the maximum benefit to the business
- Build consensus on strategy, design, and technical decisions
What we’re looking for is someone who has/is:
- Completed the third year clinical rotations at an accredited US medical school
- Desire to use technology to improve the practice of medicine at a large scale
- Highly analytical, using data to make decisions and comfortable gathering it yourself
- Passion for design and building simple, intuitive user experiences
- Results-oriented. You can cut to the core of a problem, identify what needs to be done and when, and work with the teams to get solutions shipped
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Curiosity with extreme attention to detail that drives you to self-audit your work
- Ability to understand complex systems and simplify topics
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate and maintain relationships with a diverse group of internal and external partners/stakeholders
- Looking for a startup environment that smartly and quickly delivers new features to market
- Offsites with product/strategy team quarterly, virtual during pandemic, in person at destination locations when in person is safe
- Social events including lunches and company competitions
- Hands-on, ongoing mentorship during internship term
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing steadily, and there’s plenty of opportunities for you to make an impact.
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.